• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The reality of gun availability during ECR

I am going to bump my own thread here because we have newbies, or people who just crawled out from under a rock (or trapdoor) after a year and don't realize how the world has changed. Supply is the same or worse than when I posted this. I still spend 5x my old "normal" time sourcing product. I still can't "order" anything for anyone or predict availability and I seen no relief in sight. Prices only go up, not down. If it goes bang, it costs more than it did a year ago. The more desirable, the more its price went up. That is not changing anytime soon. And if Biden starts issuing EOs that limit importation, it will get 10x worse.

Maybe I need to start taking bitcoin...
Nah.... You can still get an entry level Infinity 1911 for under $5K.

Nah.... You can still get an entry level Infinity 1911 for under $5K.
I wonder what their current lead times are. I am a Nighthawk dealer. At the end of 2019 Nighthawk had ~100 guns in their inventory that I could, as a dealer, grab. Lead times on custom builds were about 12 weeks. They had multiple orders in the queue just for stocking either at the company level or at the individual sales rep level. This meant that depending on what you ordered, the 12 weeks might be only 2 or 3 if a "close enough" was already in the queue and unclaimed and they just had to make changes to the build config.

Today they have nothing in stock. They quote a 9-12 months lead time on custom builds. My last delivery was mid January of a gun ordered on 7/2/20. My 7/8/20 order is currently being built but will be a few more weeks.

Even the custom 1911 market has insane demand.

I am going to bump my own thread here because we have newbies, or people who just crawled out from under a rock (or trapdoor) after a year and don't realize how the world has changed. Supply is the same or worse than when I posted this. I still spend 5x my old "normal" time sourcing product. I still can't "order" anything for anyone or predict availability and I seen no relief in sight. Prices only go up, not down. If it goes bang, it costs more than it did a year ago. The more desirable, the more its price went up. That is not changing anytime soon. And if Biden starts issuing EOs that limit importation, it will get 10x worse.
I get a kick out of the folks who say all this is just temporary. Well, life itself is temporary I suppose... so yeah. [laugh]

I see no signs of improvements coming... none. With Dementia Joe in there, I believe it's only going to get worse.
🤪

I wonder what their current lead times are. I am a Nighthawk dealer. At the end of 2019 Nighthawk had ~100 guns in their inventory that I could, as a dealer, grab. Lead times on custom builds were about 12 weeks.
Infinity lead times are running 6-8 months now. It's $1k down; the rest when the gun is built.

"Full custom" is different from "AR full custom" as many of the options involve what machining is done during the manufacturing process, not just what parts are selected. They let you pick you own serial number (13 char max, must include at least one digit). They are pretty much all "full custom" and don't carry a regular inventory of fixed models for sale.

They seem to have come through the Texas disaster fairly intact.

I wonder what their current lead times are. I am a Nighthawk dealer. At the end of 2019 Nighthawk had ~100 guns in their inventory that I could, as a dealer, grab. Lead times on custom builds were about 12 weeks. They had multiple orders in the queue just for stocking either at the company level or at the individual sales rep level. This meant that depending on what you ordered, the 12 weeks might be only 2 or 3 if a "close enough" was already in the queue and unclaimed and they just had to make changes to the build config.

Today they have nothing in stock. They quote a 9-12 months lead time on custom builds. My last delivery was mid January of a gun ordered on 7/2/20. My 7/8/20 order is currently being built but will be a few more weeks.

Even the custom 1911 market has insane demand.
i want a nighthawk with the IOS system, i demand you send me a list of every gun you may or may not have! :D

i want a nighthawk with the IOS system, i demand you send me a list of every gun you may or may not have! :D
The IOS system is pretty nice. I've had a few guns in with the system and RMR plates. It makes for a real nice setup. It is a lot better than their previous (still available) setup for optics.

Drop a deposit and wait 9-12 months and you can have one :)

Back
Top Bottom