The Right To BEAR Arms - The Supreme Court will soon decide whether the government must let residents carry guns. VIDEO

If you care a whit what the supreme court says, you are insane.

The criminal that ends up shooting you doesn't and never cared.....he carried anyway.

Always be on equal footing.

Yeah, but when are they supposed to make this ruling?

they accepted the case for next term which starts in October. They’ll hear the case then and issue a ruling between them and the end of June 2022.
It’s an important case to extend the right to possess outside the home and to give the guidance to lower courts on 2nd cases. SCOTUS a needs to stop lower courts from using intermediate scrutiny as a measure for 2A cases.

Based on recent actions by the USSC, this case is likely to be a gross failure for us.

im definitely not expecting a broad ruling but I definitely think they’ll find the NY law unconstitutional and make clear the right extends outside the home. They need to make it clear to lower courts, intermediate scrutiny etc is not the standard, the standard is text and history. With a clear 5 or 6 justice block supporting 2A, I think we’ll see more action from SCOTUS. Up to now they could trust Kennedy or Roberts so they punted cases.

Last edited:
im definitely not expecting a broad ruling but I definitely think they’ll fine the NY law unconstitutional and make clear the right extends outside the home. They need to make it clear to lower courts, intermediate scrutiny etc is not the standard, the standard is text and history. With a clear 5 or 6 justice block supporting 2A, I think we’ll see more action from SCOTUS. Up to now they could trust Kennedy or Roberts so they punted cases.
Nah, they will pull a Caetano and send it back to a lower court to be ignored and then blatantly shat on by other insubordinate Federal District Courts like Caetano, Heller, and Miller have been.

I expect to as badly disappointed as a Victorian era orphan at Christmas.

They didn’t send helller , Macdonald or caetano back to the lower courts, SCOTUS ruled on them. They definitely have allowed lower courts, particularly courts in the 9th circuit, 1sr, 2nd, 3rd and 4th to ignore heller. We have no idea on the inner workings of the court but their refusal to take cases was probably because of their lack of confidence in Kennedy and or Roberts and the other 4 pro 2A justices not wanting bad precedent to be out there.

look at the composition of the court since heller and tell me when was the court very strongly 2A? The court is FAR different than it’s ever been. This current court is the most pro 2A court in at least 100 years. You people are too negative,

Back
Top Bottom