• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

the Rocks hand cannon

Just saw Furious 7 and noticed this beast the Rock/Hobbs used in the movie.
Anyone have any experience with it?
And what can I expect to pay for one?
Thanks.
Great movie too!
7bb72868f84f64abed46bda203dd9e95.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 29 and a 629. Just awesome and I love 44 mag. I imagine the compensator makes a huge difference getting the sights back on target but have no first hand experience with it.

The 44 mag is still controllable and hits like a sledge hammer. Get a rifle chambered in the same caliber and you have a whole bunch of awesome.

Off the top of my head, I think they are something like $1400-$1500. Performance center stuff isn't cheap. The barrel has a series of adjustable weights that you can swap out. The bad news, is that I don't think they are on "The List".

Off the top of my head, I think they are something like $1400-$1500. Performance center stuff isn't cheap. The barrel has a series of adjustable weights that you can swap out. The bad news, is that I don't think they are on "The List".

Ouch and how long before I get the "if you really want it, you'll find a way. Wink" post lol.
But seriously, I would love to get one. List or no list

Well that's implied, duh! This is NES after all!

I just spent 12 hours making revolvers, and you keep me up with work questions? You're mean! j/k

Smith lists it as MA compliant if you search by state complaint on their site. Furthermore, Four seasons was pitching this a month ago in an email blast, however they left the price off and just said come check it out. List is $1550, looks like street price is about 1350 judging by gunbroker.

Its on my list - not sure when though...

UPDATE:
Actually, FS had the 686 Competitor, not the 629. However they are both MA OK.

Last edited:
Smith lists it as MA compliant if you search by state complaint on their site. Furthermore, Four seasons was pitching this a month ago in an email blast, however they left the price off and just said come check it out. List is $1550, looks like street price is about 1350 judging by gunbroker.

Its on my list - not sure when though...

UPDATE:
Actually, FS had the 686 Competitor, not the 629. However they are both MA OK.

Thank you very much! MA OK is great news.
I'm guessing Gunbroker is the cheapest way to go unless I find a nice used one here.
Still debating if I want to pursue the "629 6"Performance Model".
Not too familiar with .44 Mag.
Mainly shoot 9mm, 40, 45 and 357SIG occasionally.

Just found the info on my handgun incase anyone was wondering.

It's a Lew Horton hunter competitor 629-5, bought it in 1999 for $989 ... apparently they only made 200 of them. All the new ones have the Hillery hole. [puke2]

Which 2 stores?

FS in woburn got a new 686 competitor, but not sure if someone scope it up already. Call before you head in.
Collector in Stoneham also got a new 686 competitor. I'm guessing they also have a 629 competitor too? Also call first.

Price is around $1300.

FS in woburn got a new 686 competitor, but not sure if someone scope it up already. Call before you head in.
Collector in Stoneham also got a new 686 competitor. I'm guessing they also have a 629 competitor too? Also call first.

Price is around $1300.

Thanks. Appreciate it.
Called some stores closer to me in Quincy but none in stock.

Called some stores closer to me in Quincy but none in stock.

Ask them to call their S&W distributors. If the distributors have them in stock, you can get them in a day or two.

Back
Top Bottom