The Second Amendment is now front and center in the election according to a USA Today column focused on the vacancy Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death

Reptile

NES Member
The Second Amendment is now front and center in the election according to a USA Today column focused on the vacancy Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death created on the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS).

The column, written by Kevin Johnson, notes that President Trump was urging Americans to vote for him in order to save the Second Amendment prior to the current vacancy on the court. And now that the vacancy is present, Trump is using it to stress the “urgency” of having him in office to choose justices who will protect gun rights.

For example, on Friday in Minnesota Trump said, “Sleepy Joe is gonna take your guns away.” And on Sunday, after reports on Ginsburg’s death had saturated the news cycle for a weekend, Trump tweeted, “SAVE YOUR SECOND AMENDMENT, VOTE TRUMP.”

Johnson noted that gun control advocates have also upped their efforts in the wake of Ginsburg’s death, asking their followers to rally and vote in order to prevent the assembling of SCOTUS justices who may strike down gun controls around the country.

After Ginsburg’s death, Brady Campaign president Kris Brown said, “Make no mistake, gun safety is on the ballot in November.”

Brown lamented that work Ginsburg did as a “trailblazer” could be “overshadowed by the reality that her seat, and potentially the fate of sensible gun laws in America, now rests in the hands of (Republican) Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and President Trump… Those laws and the hard-earned progress that activists and concerned Americans have won for generations are now in peril.”

One caveat with the article is that it downplays Biden’s gun control, suggesting Trump overstates matters when he claims Biden will “obliterate it to a point of no return or actually terminate it.”

This is our time.

If the court had to rule on important 2A cases before Ruth died, we may have lost.

Old Ruthie has given us a gift.

Hey Cowardly Commie Brown: "Gun safety" is a set of practices you learn in shooting school so that you always handle your firearm safely. That is the only definition of the phrase that has any meaning in the real world.

Ruth has done us a favor but let us not forget all the peaceful protestors helped too.
The donks must be tossing and turning all night over it.
Sleepy Joe straight out said he was coming for the guns and he was having that metro sexual Beto lead the way.

Ruth has done us a favor but let us not forget all the peaceful protestors helped too.
The donks must be tossing and turning all night over it.
Sleepy Joe straight out said he was coming for the guns and he was having that metro sexual Beto lead the way.
...but since we've seen the rise of BLM, the riots, "prosecutorial discretion" out of control, etc. It's becoming clear that with the Donks, the "Woke" get rights - no, not even the "Woke" but rather their Pets. As long as convenient to them. Theirs is - surprise!* - a government of men, not a government of laws.

* NOT. The Donk Party was the party of slavery, the party of Jim Crow, the party of the Klan, the party of the Tammany Hall and Chicago Machines... At present, it's the party of the likes of Soros, Gates, the Zuck... I will not call them "Democratic" as there is absolutely NOTHING democratic about them, as if that were a good thing to begin with. They employ it when it serves them, and retreat to smoke-filled meetings when it doesn't.

Hey Cowardly Commie Brown: "Gun safety" is a set of practices you learn in shooting school so that you always handle your firearm safely. That is the only definition of the phrase that has any meaning in the real world.

I came to comment on that line, too. " Brady Campaign president Kris Brown said, “Make no mistake, gun safety is on the ballot in November.”

They mean safety FROM guns, not safety WITH guns.

He's right about it being on the ballot, though. No gun owner should vote D.

I might be wrong and I probably am, but I just don't see the millions of people who recently went out and became a first time gun buyer voting for politicians who want to take away the gun that they just bought. Maybe some will say okay, but I'm willing to wager that not many will agree.

I might be wrong and I probably am, but I just don't see the millions of people who recently went out and became a first time gun buyer voting for politicians who want to take away the gun that they just bought. Maybe some will say okay, but I'm willing to wager that not many will agree.
An interesting thought which could be a great poll to provide some insight. Is it possible fear for personal safety is an antidote to propaganda, <insert political belief here>, or cognitive dissonance?

I've had to learn the hard way that you humans and your connections to logic and reason are tenuous at best.

I think a lot of gun owners, especially new ones, aren't really "gun people." I grew up in a family like that.

Their gun (singular) is something they keep oiled up in a toolbox in the garage, to be taken out only if SHTF. They're worse than FUDDs. They aren't even aware of the possibility of the government infringing on guns, and it certainly isn't a wedge issue for them.

I think a lot of gun owners, especially new ones, aren't really "gun people." I grew up in a family like that.

Their gun (singular) is something they keep oiled up in a toolbox in the garage, to be taken out only if SHTF. They're worse than FUDDs. They aren't even aware of the possibility of the government infringing on guns, and it certainly isn't a wedge issue for them.

Yeah but I am hoping that these people are seeing the reality that people can call 911 and there is a distinct possibility that no one will show up. That means it's a dice roll if one is going to have to defend their own life. That to me changes the odds or at least I think it should.

Yeah but I am hoping that these people are seeing the reality that people can call 911 and there is a distinct possibility that no one will show up. That means it's a dice roll if one is going to have to defend their own life. That to me changes the odds or at least I think it should.

Hope so.

This is some wisdom. I nominate you for moderator.

Back
Top Bottom