The Supreme Court upholds a gun control law

Time served, rights and property restored. Bad guys have guns anyway and do whatever they want. J6ers are violent felons according to establishment politicians and judges. Shall not be infringed, because when we give an inch, we have what we have in Mass. A state where you can catch a felony for a legal pre-94 manufactured 30rd mag because some LEO's don't know the law.

Make sure that medication prescription is filled on time next week!

The hypothetical armed robber is going to get a gun whether or not he “has the right” to do so. The rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights are God given, not granted by government. Felons shouldn’t be released in the first place unless they’ve completed a long sentence in a prison so hellish they don’t want to go back.

The trouble with restraining orders and harassment prevention orders is that they don’t require due process. The mere accusation is enough for a conviction. That’s anathema to the system of justice we have. Were one to be “convicted” in such a fashion, I’d never expect them comply with the sentence.

For many, the veneer of civilization, the thing that holds violent behavior in check would become irrelevant. The individual in question might then be more inclined to violence if their civil rights were revoked. “What have I got to lose?” they might ask.

Yeah it's so "reckless" that the NRA was threatened enough by its existence that it tried to derail it. 🤣 There was no "luck" there, that case was a goddamned moon landing in its execution.
It was.....after the NRA pushed Gura aside.

Derangement Syndrome crosses many lines and factions.

The Heller case was reckless. And it was won by the NRA and not Gura.

It was.....after the NRA pushed Gura aside.

Derangement Syndrome crosses many lines and factions.

The Heller case was reckless. And it was won by the NRA and not Gura.
Sorry but you are full of shit and you don't f***ing know what you're talking about. 🤣 He basically destroyed them in court when they tried to derail the case into a 4A thing. The NRA tucked tail and didn't reappear until Macdonald after they took it in the sphincter from bad press.

So somebody writes an article that's not historically accurate and you just believe it automatically? LOL. The NRA had absolutely nothing to do with Heller, outside of trying to destroy it.

So somebody writes an article that's not historically accurate and you just believe it automatically? LOL. The NRA had absolutely nothing to do with Heller, outside of trying to destroy it.
LOL, so back in 2013 when I signed on the first week I made 2 notes. One being the amount of Leftist gun owners on NES did surprise me and two I wrote "that drgrant guy has NRADS worse than any I have ever seen"

I think my first day here you gave me a negative rep for defending the NRA. That was actually my third note to myself, don't defend the NRA on NES......LOL...

I kinda remember these things now and again........

This is typical NRA BS though, after making a huge mistake, engage in revisionist history to save face. I'm sure they have a similar story about constitutional carry in NH, you know... after they helped f*** it up/delay it by 3+ years.🤣

This is typical NRA BS though, after making a huge mistake, engage in revisionist history to save face. I'm sure they have a similar story about constitutional carry in NH, you know... after they helped f*** it up/delay it by 3 years.
The reality that the Heller case started with 4 yes and 4 no and the entire case would be decided by one Judge, Roberts continues to elude you.....DS causes that. The hesitation was the fact that the NRA deemed is Russian Roulette with the 2A and had no faith in Roberts. Once Gura would not back down the NRA FUNDED that case and it was NRA Lawyers who handled 2 of the 3 main filing in that case.

You can continue to rant about it if you like but it will never change the reality of that case.

LOL, so back in 2013 when I signed on the first week I made 2 notes. One being the amount of Leftist gun owners on NES did surprise me and two I wrote "that drgrant guy has NRADS worse than any I have ever seen"

I think my first day here you gave me a negative rep for defending the NRA. That was actually my third note to myself, don't defend the NRA on NES......LOL...

I kinda remember these things now and again........
I also kind of remembered monitoring the progress of Heller when it was actually f***ing happening. 🤣There's no delusions here.

NRA retards just don't like to hear the truth because it's extremely embarrassing. Everyone wants to just pretend that didn't happen because it made them look terrible- They were f***ing outward cowards, scared that the case might destroy their revenue stream.

The reality that the Heller case started with 4 yes and 4 no and the entire case would be decided by one Judge, Roberts continues to elude you.....DS causes that.
I watched the case. This is not accurate, not by a f***ing mile. Nobody was ever really concerned about Roberts. It was really Kennedy they were focused on, but even then they knew that even he was backed into a corner. But you can keep being moredweeb if you want and believing garbage that never happened. 🤣

NRA for over 50 years. Founding member of the NRA Second Amendment Task force back in the eighties, I believe it was 5K given just for that endeavor. I have supported gun rights with thousands of hard earned dollars over my lifetime. I understand the Heller case very well.

Happy to be an NRA retard....I guess,,,,,but I have talked the talk and walked the walk for the 2A for over 50 years and will continue to do so until my time ends.

I watched the case. This is not accurate, not by a f***ing mile. Nobody was ever really concerned about Roberts. It was really Kennedy they were focused on, but even then they knew that even he was backed into a corner. But you can keep being moredweeb if you want and believing garbage that never happened. 🤣
Actually Kennedy voted fairly conservative close to 90% of the time. Had a Libertarian streak at times but didn't make any anti2A decisions that I recall.

Actually Kennedy voted fairly conservative close to 90% of the time. Had a Libertarian streak at times but didn't make any anti2A decisions that I recall.
Regardless nobody ever said anything about Roberts at the time. The court was at a point where it could not ignore the elephant in the room.

I don't know a single divorced guy who hasn't had an RO filed against him. This is a gun grab and those of you defending it are pathetic. They are only using the words "violent" and "abuser" as buzzwords. We might as well start calling AR-15s machine guns if we're defending this decision....
I know several that have never had it happen but it's still statistically significant enough to be a huge danger. In mass a 209A is basically the default masthead for screwing gun owners, statistically speaking.

Regardless nobody ever said anything about Roberts at the time. The court was at a point where it could not ignore the elephant in the room.
I'll keep in mind that I am a retard here BUT, Roberts was a moderate from day one. Has stated from day one that he wanted the court to act like a court and all get along. He wanted 9-0 decisions and considered it more important above all. ALL conservatives will tell you Roberts has been a disappointment from day one.

And after all that all anti 2A states simply ignored Heller anyway. For my money the Bruen case has had a greater impact on 2A rights.

I'll keep in mind that I am a retard here BUT, Roberts was a moderate from day one. Has stated from day one that he wanted the court to act like a court and all get along. He wanted 9-0 decisions and considered it more important above all. ALL conservatives will tell you Roberts has been a disappointment from day one.

I don't disagree that he is a disappointment but at the time that Heller was being decided nobody was really concerned about him at all at least not in a way that would result in a flip.

And after all that all anti 2A states simply ignored Heller anyway. For my money the Bruen case has had a greater impact on 2A rights.
Hello? Without Heller you have no Bruen though, but I'm not shocked that you're incapable of understanding these kinds of concepts.

IMG_2978.jpeg

Time will tell whether this decision, and especially the dicta, will move lower courts towards or away from Bruen. But with this court, time is measured in years rather than decades. That’s good.

“Not a single historical regulation justifies the statute at issue,” Justice Thomas writes in dissent. “Surety laws were, in a nutshell, a fine on certain behavior,” and they “imposed a far less onerous burden.”

He says Mr. Rahimi’s alleged conduct qualifies for imprisonment, but the question for the Court is “whether the Government can strip the Second Amendment right of anyone subject to a protective order—even if he has never been accused or convicted of a crime.”

Perhaps this impassioned dissent is what prompted a remarkable series of conservative concurrences that amount to a seminar on how the Justices think about originalism.

Justice Neil Gorsuch emphasizes a list of questions not decided by Rahimi, including “whether the government may disarm a person without a judicial finding that he poses a ‘credible threat.’” Justice Amy Coney Barrett says Bruen must be deployed with a wider lens than lower courts have used: “Historical regulations reveal a principle, not a mold.”

Justice Brett Kavanaugh criticizes the judicial inventions of balancing tests, “heightened scrutiny and the like,” which he calls a relatively modern innovation.

“To be clear, I am not suggesting that the Court overrule cases where the Court has applied those heightened-scrutiny tests,” Justice Kavanaugh says. “But I am challenging the notion that those tests are the ordinary approach to constitutional interpretation. And I am arguing against extending those tests to new areas, including the Second Amendment.”

We can’t do justice here to all of this debate. But the opinions by five conservative Justices are a refutation of the left’s criticism that originalism is merely a contrived theory used to justify policy outcomes. Rahimi and other cases this year have revealed the varieties of thoughtful originalist interpretation, with often surprising results.”

Absolute shit

Oh ok so after your 2A is molested based on an individual judges personal opinion, theres no more shooting threat to the accuser, right? Bullshit. The threat is the criminal mind, not the inanimate object which is Constitutionally protected. Roberts is such a POS. Can't wait until Trump replaces him.
That will not happen. He isn't retiring in the next 4 years... He's 69 as of this posting. So even if Trump wins, which is far from a given, Roberts will continue on long after Trump is gone. What is more likely is he continues to serve past the next Presidential term, dies or runs into health issues in the term after that, and is replaced by whomever wins in 2028.

NRA for over 50 years. Founding member of the NRA Second Amendment Task force back in the eighties, I believe it was 5K given just for that endeavor. I have supported gun rights with thousands of hard earned dollars over my lifetime. I understand the Heller case very well.

Happy to be an NRA retard....I guess,,,,,but I have talked the talk and walked the walk for the 2A for over 50 years and will continue to do so until my time ends.
Would any of the following be untrue.
NRA boned constitutional carry in NH.
The NRA boned constitutional carry in FL.
NRA was in favor of red flag laws.
I get your supporter but face it they have f*cked us a good bit over the years for someone who's prime purpose is to support our rights.

Honestly, what would be really helpful is providing documentation detailing exactly how the NRA derailed constitutional carry in Florida. I have never seen anything specific regarding that and would absolutely read if if presented.

Back
Top Bottom