• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

'The Take'- NECN- On now!

Lynne Roberts and Chris Pinto are guests.

A bit anticlimactic, but Chris explained MD throwing out the AWB, and the political target of the AR, which is NOT an assault rifle.

The responses were not that great. Pinto's bit about the AR being a political target was right but could have been delivered with much more punch and effect.

They were nice people, I'll give them that. But they were woefully unprepared to deal with the issues the moderator brought up. It's not enough to be earnest, you need to know what they can throw at you and be able to react with strong responses that either cannot be rebutted and/or go to the central issue, in this case the fact that the AG has ignored 22 years of how the law read and was followed and made her own interpretations which are completely different from past practice.

This is the new 2A group we were worried would undermine GOALs efforts with inexperience and divisiveness.

This is the new 2A group we were worried would undermine GOALs efforts with inexperience and divisiveness.

Notice how the interviewer begged the question that must want some gun control. I think that's when you have to politely responds in a manner to say "I'm going to ignore your idiot question and answer the question you should have asked."

Many people understand the problem(s) but it takes some training for most to be able to present our side of the question in a forceful and coherent manner, especially when faced by an interviewer who may be less than friendly to the cause.

NECN was the only news source that reported thousands rather than 'hundreds' in regards to the turnout for the GOAL rally at the Statehouse.
Originally at least. Don't know if they got spanked and changed their tune after that.

Couldn't figure out how to embed the video but if you google "necn the take" it is one of the videos listed on the page.

[video]http://www.necn.com/on-air/as-seen-on/NECN_080416_takeguns_6pm_NECN-389245711.html[/video]

Also couldn't get the embedding working (I think it's not a supported format), but here's the link.

Edit :Duped

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom