• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The trouble on Facebook

Pilgrims Pride

NES Member
I wasn't sure how to label this one. But I'm hoping for some feedback.
Seems the bulk of the posts or stories that pop up on fb that pertain to vegas, or anything that might remotely conflict with the left''s ideology, don't work when I try to open them or read the comments.
They come up as oops, something''s wrong. Try again.
Just strikes me strange.
Anybody else noticed it?

Lots of people are serial reporters. They consider anything they don't like to be spam, so they hit the report button and FB's bot police do the rest.

I read a few different firearms groups- it's become clear people are reporting any and all gun related content for removal. On YouTube's end there must be thousands of reports coming in from emotional reactionists that is confirming their bias against guns and are taking steps appropriately. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be a way of fighting back without the emotional masses on your side.

I've seen bump vids taken down, magpul stock vids, trigger vids, all sorts of stuff get pulled by the mercy of the robot god of moderation over at YouTube.

Leftist Internet Scrubbing at its finest!!!

Why do people use faceplant anyway? From my few observations of it, its the largest collection of idiotic, emotional basket cases ever assembled.

Facebook, in a nutshell:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtue_signalling

Not surprisingly, this is the root cause of the "echo chamber effect" where Hitlery supporters could not wrap their minds around a Trump win... All their friends are on FB and other social [STRIKE=disease]disease[/STRIKE] media echoing and re-echoing the same sentiments and patting each other on the backs for their progressiveness... then WHAM! Flyover state voters pulled the rug out from under them; let the wailing and gnashing of teeth commence.

Someone's going to make a million trillion gazillion billion dollars by making a "Conservative" Facebook.

Leftist Internet Scrubbing at its finest!!!

Why do people use faceplant anyway? From my few observations of it, its the largest collection of idiotic, emotional basket cases ever assembled.

Yes. And it is entertaining to see how much attention people crave.

Yes. And it is entertaining to see how much attention people crave.

Eh, maybe a little, sometimes, but its actually pretty disheartening to see the expanse of vanity driven shallowness that this county's population has sunk to.

Eh, maybe a little, sometimes, but its actually pretty disheartening to see the expanse of vanity driven shallowness that this county's population has sunk to.

It has always been like that, you just notice it now thanks to FB.
FB exists so people can make others believe their lives are awesome and relevant. That is why people always post where they are traveling, where they are eating, how much fun they are having on a Saturday night, how many miles they just ran...

But people have always been like that, they always wanted what others had and they always wanted to have as much fun as they thought others were having.

It has always been like that, you just notice it now thanks to FB.
FB exists so people can make others believe their lives are awesome and relevant. That is why people always post where they are traveling, where they are eating, how much fun they are having on a Saturday night, how many miles they just ran...

But people have always been like that, they always wanted what others had and they always wanted to have as much fun as they thought others were having.

I guess.

I have no desire for people like that in my life, they are frauds in most everything they think, do and say. I'd rather a loyal dog by my side, they have no pretentions in their lives.

I read a few different firearms groups- it's become clear people are reporting any and all gun related content for removal. On YouTube's end there must be thousands of reports coming in from emotional reactionists that is confirming their bias against guns and are taking steps appropriately. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be a way of fighting back without the emotional masses on your side.

I've seen bump vids taken down, magpul stock vids, trigger vids, all sorts of stuff get pulled by the mercy of the robot god of moderation over at YouTube.

Report the lib tard drivel using the same tools- the tools don't look at content, just based on how many people "report" an item.

Report the pro Hilary, pro gun control, pro Obamacare crap- use the tools against them.

....people always post where they are traveling, where they are eating, how much fun they are having on a Saturday night, how many miles they just ran...

i'm the oppisite of most fb users, don't use it but jeesus, i wouldn't want pinpoint my every move on a public venue. i like to have a little privacy and keep people guessing.

There is a lot of garbage on Facebook, but it can also be very useful. I used it to keep in regular contact with my family while deployed. A BJJ school I train at uses Facebook to communicate changes to schedules or other information. A few other groups I belong to do the same. I'm in contact with old Army buddies from decades ago, because of Facebook. It has it's purposes and it's easy enough to just scroll past garbage. Just like I do here.

Lots of people are serial reporters. They consider anything they don't like to be spam, so they hit the report button and FB's bot police do the rest.

I hate serial reporters. That f'ing bunny. And the leprechaun. Oh, and the SuperSugarCrisp bear. He's the worst serial reporter.

;)

I get about 99% conservative everything on FB. It must like me.

I wasn't sure how to label this one. But I'm hoping for some feedback.
Seems the bulk of the posts or stories that pop up on fb that pertain to vegas, or anything that might remotely conflict with the left''s ideology, don't work when I try to open them or read the comments.
They come up as oops, something''s wrong. Try again.
Just strikes me strange.
Anybody else noticed it?
This is not my experience, and I guarantee that if it doesn't involve lizard people or less reputable, someone I know has written about it...So, example(s)?

To each his own. I use facebook to keep in tough with out of state family, connect with old friends, etc. Yeah, there's a fair amount of garbage on there and a few minds I've actually been able to engage with and change on 2A issues. It does happen.

For people saying that FB is social cancer, well, maybe it is, but there are more than a billion users. Each one of us that drops out means their echo chamber becomes that much more self-serving.

I got FB just this year. A lot of my buddies would ask "Hey man, you shooting that tournament this weekend?" or "I saw an XYZ for sale really cheap" Aside from this and one other forum, most of the other forums are drying up. So, for me, I've reconnected with tons of buddies I've served with over 20yrs, distant family and such.

If I have a problem with a bow, I can snap a quick pic and post it on one of my archery pages on FB and get an answer in about 5 minutes. Several groups organize hunts and fishing trips and I've got on many such great trips myself.

Sure I see the stupid stuff, but some of it is just mindless entertainment for giggles when I'm waiting in an office for someone. If you can keep from getting personal or lying with the dogs, you won't get buthurt or get fleas.

Everyone on my friends list is someone I personally know, and usually know pretty well, mostly old service buddies, family, and close friends.

Like anything, guess it depends on how you use it.

Back
Top Bottom