• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

There's a New Chief in Town

My town's Chief of Police has announced his retirement as of Feb 1. A new chief will take office on or about July 1. During the interim, the deputy chief will assume the chief's duties.

The Board of Selectmen is asking for input from the town's residents to help with selecting a new chief. I'd like to send a letter to the Board in the next couple of weeks. I could use some suggestions for ideas / thoughts to include in the letter.

Thank you all.

Brad, aka Massnut

What was the old chief like Brad? Was he good for ALP's, or did he restrict them? If he was good on them, then I suggest that you request the new chief continue in the footsteps of the old by continuing his licensing policy. If he was restrictive, the I would ask the town critters to find a chief who's willing to follow the state's requirements for licensing without adding any of his own requirements above and beyond the states.

Back
Top Bottom