• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

TheRoland/Timber Challenge Planning Thread

As fallout from an argument in another thread, Timber and I are planning some sort of shoot-off to benefit charity, and prove who's the better shooter or reads more blogs or whatever [smile].

Making this thread so we can stop derailing the original.

TR maybe post a link so you don't get a response like the one above?

Too bad I'm so far away. But let me know what the charity is and I'll pitch in some $$

Last edited:
Does it need to be at a range ? The place where the NES camp out is being discussed has several spots large enough with excellent hill back stop area. I can talk to the farm owner, I'm sure he would be fine with it. I have never shot in a competion so I'm not sure what you need.

Well, if you can wait, save it for the Multi-Discipline shoot we're going to have in July at Southborough Rod & Gun Club. There's a thread with some bare-bones info on it in the General Competition section (I didn't read the causus belli thread, so if our shoot is appropriate, please don't call me out! [grin]

I think we need to all vote on the challenge(s). Put it up to a vote if the shootout uses Glocks, Glocks with frickn' laser beams, SAA's, .38 snubbies, Bullpups, lever actions, muskets, AK 47s etc. Maybe a top shot type suite of challenges using different firearms. I like it.

I think we need to all vote on the challenge(s). Put it up to a vote if the shootout uses Glocks, Glocks with frickn' laser beams, SAA's, .38 snubbies, Bullpups, lever actions, muskets, AK 47s etc. Maybe a top shot type suite of challenges using different firearms. I like it.

I have a G17 and a S&W36 I'll gladly volunteer for the day.

I have a G17 and a S&W36 I'll gladly volunteer for the day.

Screw that, I want to see them shoot with derringers. Or with slingshots or S&W 500's with EC's nitro loads. Hell, make 'em skip shots off steel plates into water bottles. Let have them put their money where their mouthes are... [laugh]

Somebody mentioned maybe running it at the Camping weekend in Boscawen. That's just up the road from me, and if you want to do some low light / no light shooting we can move the party down to my office and shoot there after dark, too.....

That's a possibility; I think I was planning to skip on account of liking beds, but could work, depending on schedule.

You've got the USPSA experience, so if you want to put together some kind of course, I can find a place where we can meet. Either range, private property, whatever. I've got plenty of stands, some steel, IPSC backers, etc., and can get my hands on pretty much anything else we might need.

Fair enough; I thought I also might be able to get some simple stages put together by a neutral party by bugging someone like Supermoto. If you leave me to decide the challenges, I'm not above playing to my strengths[smile].

I'm a Harvard member, which would give us access to multiple 180-degree pits, plate-racks, dueling trees (soon) and maybe more if I ask nicely. My impression is that things are just easier to setup at a range, where you have real pits and berms and props.

I know it's a bit of a drive for you, and wouldn't be opposed to going to the Live Free or Die state instead.

If it's gonna be in MA, I'm gonna want some sort of formal match set up

Absolutely; with invitations and everything, if we go that route.

Back
Top Bottom