• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

TheRoland/Timber Challenge Planning Thread

I'll play Dungeons and Dragons with anyone, too, to learn their game. It'll be gay. I'm sure I'll lose at it, but that's no big deal. It'll still be fun and I'll learn something about that game, too.

You had me until "Dungeons and Dragons." Next you'll be talking about LARPing, or worse, Appleseed.

How did I miss this thread? I wanna play! i'll bring a gun with fiber optics! one handed reloads/malfunctions NEED to be apart of this!

he was trying to be funny. because shooting at 25 with scaled down targets is the same as shooting the real deal at 200+. we'll be making calls in hours.

Ahh, got it. Sometimes it takes me a minute.

The matter is settled, at least for now! [smile]

It was a pleasure to meet Timber and everyone else who stopped by! We got some great footage, and video (and results!) will be forthcoming in the next few days. Stay tuned?

For now, I'll just say that dueling trees are awesome fun, and I look forward to more opportunities to shoot them.

Editing the video so it actually looks good is going to take some time. To hold you over, here's a screen-cap as proof. High-res warning.

shoot-off-high-res.png

Zach brought his A game today, and was clearly the better shooter.

Nah, we ended up in a tie.

To elaborate, we shot:

El Prez= Timber
Texas Star + Poppers = Me
Texas Star WHO = Timber
Dueling Tree = Me

We'll have to shoot more to break the tie in the future. I specifically designed one of the stages (El Prez) to handicap Timber's reload, but he won that stage anyway. [smile]

We shot some paper, a little steel, a dueling tree. Grabbed some lunch afterward. It was a really fun time.

Agreed. I had a great time! Dueling trees, especially, are beyond cool. The video, seriously, is really good, and will be better after a little movie magic.

All NES pissing matches should be resolved this way.

We'll rematch later, and hopefully turn it into a bigger spectacle for everyone to enjoy.

Totally. I think the idea of a larger man-on-man match is fantastic.

NESers have plenty of arguments to settle, and Comm2a could use the exposure and the donations.

I only tried to tip the win to you so that we could avoid a "to the death" grudge match, but truth be told, I tossed this one. It's back on sucka...

[smile] Next time, it's AQT targets at dawn!

But not really. Seriously, no thanks. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

My friend with the video camera is apparently "working" filming for a "charity" seeking a cure for a "horrible disease" tonight and I need to stop bugging him "to edit my internet argument video for a few days" or "else". [grin] So here's another screen-cap.

badass-high-res.png

Top Shot has nothing on us.

Back
Top Bottom