• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Things you regret drawing on

So as I drink by the fire I ponder what's your story about something you shouldn't have pointed a gun at

This came about because I'm hammerdd and my grill looks like one of the thanks from robo cop if I had a piece it would've got shot

My favorite dumbass story of mine takes place in Florida... Florida mass

My wife and I are hiking up off rt 2 and took a path off the beatin path... we'reup a small mountain out that way. And as we're going up we come across a game trail.... and come upon something making a metric f ton of noise.

So like a bad ass I pull my g20 and say get behind me... we approach there's still noise...I get all hard and be like stay here and rush forward like a boss g20 hard casts ready to drop a bear

My wife comes up slowly crying laughing....apparently 2 chipmunks were throwing down in the leaves and I'm draw down ready to shoot them was not heroic to her but hilarious...

So who else has a good story

Wtf? I didn't even draw on an actual black bear running towards me - I reached for my camera instead.

Best I have to answer your question is basically nothing. Bump in the night, grab gun and go investigate, find nothing at all or that a cat knocked something over.

Wtf? I didn't even draw on an actual black bear running towards me - I reached for my camera instead.

Best I have to answer your question is basically nothing. Bump in the night, grab gun and go investigate, find nothing at all or that a cat knocked something over.
I mean we've all been there lmao

I've never drawn my gun on anything, but like Kalash said on one occasion I did come downstairs in the middle of the night with my glock 30 to investigate a noise.

Apparently I had left the garage open and the wind blew a shovel over which in turn knocked a bunch of other shit over.

I've never drawn my gun on anything, but like Kalash said on one occasion I did come downstairs in the middle of the night with my glock 30 to investigate a noise.

Apparently I had left the garage open and the wind blew a shovel over which in turn knocked a bunch of other shit over.
Similar. Kept hearing a bumping noise from the garage. Though someone was in there steqling shit so I got the 45 and went down to the side garage door.....yelled something to the effect of "whoever the f*** is on there get the f*** out I'm armed don't make me come in just go". Zero answer except the banging still randomly happening. Open the door.....a skunk had got in the garage and wedged his fat ass between some sheets of plywood i had stacked up and the wall. The banging was when he pushed to get free and let go the plywood smacked the wall.. I lifted he garage door about a foot.....shut off the light....and went back to bed. When I got up in the morning he was thankfully gone and shown himself the way out. 😂

That happened the other night a stray worked it's way up on the patio.. my cat freaked out like I've never heard him before at 3 am... gun pointed at cat outside lol

Dude, you got to calm down, especially when hiking in the woods. What if it was a hiker taking a dump or something? Or a kid building a fort (like mine do).

If you hear a weird noise, just stop and watch or hike the other way. There is zero need to draw your gun and go after it. People like you seriously scare me.

So as I drink by the fire I ponder what's your story about something you shouldn't have pointed a gun at

This came about because I'm hammerdd and my grill looks like one of the thanks from robo cop if I had a piece it would've got shot

My favorite dumbass story of mine takes place in Florida... Florida mass

My wife and I are hiking up off rt 2 and took a path off the beatin path... we'reup a small mountain out that way. And as we're going up we come across a game trail.... and come upon something making a metric f ton of noise.

So like a bad ass I pull my g20 and say get behind me... we approach there's still noise...I get all hard and be like stay here and rush forward like a boss g20 hard casts ready to drop a bear

My wife comes up slowly crying laughing....apparently 2 chipmunks were throwing down in the leaves and I'm draw down ready to shoot them was not heroic to her but hilarious...

So who else has a good story

Lol it only took 9 posts before someone took out their jump to conclusions mat. [rofl]

Someone drew a gun (draw doesn't mean point btw) on noise in the middle of nowhere, the world is going to end!!!!! [rofl]

I drew a gun and had it behind my back when I answered the door once. (It was like 8 pm but wasn't expecting anyone) As soon as I saw the neighbor kid on the other side I said hold on a sec and then I just tucked it into my pants, put my shirt over it, and then I answered the door and he just wanted some change for a 20 no big deal. Nobody got skeered , alarmed or hurt. Shocker. Apparently we're horrible people.

Jun 77, around noon time on a very hot Sunday in Inman Sq. Cambridge.I was working at my Fathers Grocery store,when these two black guys in long coats come into the store,and work their way down to the back.My brother Inlaw who was working the register yells out can I get a 210,that was a code we used if something was going on.As I get close to him he tells me they are going to rob the store,so i run outside to my Chevy Nova that was parked right out front and pulled from my trunk an Ithaca riot pump shotgun.So here I am outside with my shotgun, taking cover next to the front door waiting for hell to break loss in the store.Next thing I know there is a Cambridge cop pointing his revolver at me yelling to put the shotgun down,and don't move.Next thing you know half off the police Dept was there. I think even the janitor showed up,well in all that chaos the two guys got away.I regret ever taking that thing out off the trunk.

Technically I guess you are right, but it reads to me like he was executing some kind of nature no knock warrant.

Lol it only took 9 posts before someone took out their jump to conclusions mat. [rofl]

Someone drew a gun (draw doesn't mean point btw) on noise in the middle of nowhere, the world is going to end!!!!! [rofl]

I drew a gun and had it behind my back when I answered the door once. (It was like 8 pm but wasn't expecting anyone) As soon as I saw the neighbor kid on the other side I said hold on a sec and then I just tucked it into my pants, put my shirt over it, and then I answered the door and he just wanted some change for a 20 no big deal. Nobody got skeered , alarmed or hurt. Shocker. Apparently we're horrible people.

Last edited:
I’ve taken hold of my bedside gun probably about 6 or 6 times over the years to investigate the dog going out of his mind in the middle of the night or hearing “Stuff” that is not normal at 2-3am. I got no regrets, that’s what my gun is there for. On the job never once came close to drawing, but I did have it on the seat between my legs at 1am driving through Blue Hill Ave coming back from the Shattuck err Shithole hospital. As far as the OP and acting like Rambo, I see nothing wrong with what ya did, it’s definitely funny but better to be safe than sorry. Let the guys who want to take pictures get mauled

Long time ago I took my girlrfiends son on his first deer hunt. It's still dark, about to get light. we're walking slowly on a trail, to go on stand. I can't make it out quite yet, but there's this huge, tall pine tree. A crazy series of loud breaks in thick branches occcurs. In the dark, it sounds like all hell is breaking loose, in front of me. When all was done, my shotgun barrel was trained on the tree, where the branches use to be and the girlfriends sons face was in the mud. It was turkeys. Damn those turkeys. Kid stands up and says, if you don't tell anyone my my face was in the mud, I won't tell anyone that you were deer hunting in the tree tops.

Back
Top Bottom