This guy made 4 combat jumps in WW2....passing at age 102

God bless you Sgt. Harold Eatman, and thank you for all of the sacrifices you have made, both during the war and afterwards.

We are losing all of our hero's from the greatest generation, and the sad thing is that our younger generation could care less.

I care, and I morn the loss of each one of our veterans.

We are losing all of our hero's from the greatest generation, and the sad thing is that our younger generation could care less.

Yes and no. Agree that much of the younger generation could care less but it's not their fault. It's our fault for allowing politicians, teachers, and the media to rewrite and ignore history. Several years ago, for example, the Cape Cod Times on Memorial Day pictured a gravestone decorated with silly things like eggs and stuffed animals. After an exhausting effort to find the Times publisher, I finally did get to speak with him and asked him what the hell was he thinking disgracing Memorial Day in that fashion. His answer was that the Times recognized "Decoration Day" literally. I have a crappy picture of the Times cover which I'll attempt to find and upload.

Scan 4.jpg

Cape Cod Times remembrance of "Decoration Day" currently known as Memorial Day. Not a good copy...my apologies.

We have several former members of the 505th PIR here in NES. Myself included Co C 2/505 79-81 & 3rd Bde S3 81-83. I think it important to acknowledge those Paratroopers who created the standards we strived to live up to. I am glad to see support in his passing. Thanks folks.

Can you imagine standing in his shoes on his 100th birthday and remembering the jumps and battles he went through and then realizing he made it to 100.

RIP Sgt. Harold Eatman, you have served your time in hell.

Back
Top Bottom