• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

This is what is wrong with the NRA

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i decided i am going to try and join a local range. All of the cheap local ranges require memberships to the NRA....

i really didnt want to get sucked into the whole NRA thing, (putting on tin foil hat).... i am conflicted about who i think they are working for.

anyways i got my complimentary hat in the mail today and i really want to ship it back to them. With all the preaching they do, youd think that they could try to keep the textile manufacturing jobs in this nation???

2012-02-08_16-29-37_972.jpg

Mabye just the hat was made in china and the embroidery shop supplied them to save a buck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We consolidate, textile industry. Make large number, hat, for "National Rifle Association".

chinamerica.jpg

So i decided i am going to try and join a local range. All of the cheap local ranges require memberships to the NRA....

i really didnt want to get sucked into the whole NRA thing, (putting on tin foil hat).... i am conflicted about who i think they are working for.

anyways i got my complimentary hat in the mail today and i really want to ship it back to them. With all the preaching they do, youd think that they could try to keep the textile manufacturing jobs in this nation???

2012-02-08_16-29-37_972.jpg

How about simply no hat at all, those things are lame and a waste of 23 cents it costs to make them.

I'll take it off your hands. About once a month my sons school has a "hat day" where they can where a baseball hat to school. I'm sure he'd love to wear that.

Between the cheap gifts and constant mailings they must be sending half the membership back to you.

Well, it's pretty simple. Every range or other group makes you join the national association so you get covered under their insurance plan. It's just that simple. NRA may also actually help secure our 2nd Amendment rights, but some people debate that.

As for the hat, if you don't want it, karma the damned thing. I think I threw mine out because I thought it was cheap, but when I was away last year I really missed it. The local libs were not amused seeing a couple of the guys I was with walking around in their NRA hats.

Between the cheap gifts and constant mailings they must be sending half the membership back to you.

I agree. I get mailers constantly, and recently they called me 6times to ask me to renew. When I told them I already had, they were shocked! They clearly spend a huge amount of money on their membership drive.

I moved to MA in 1980 and got interested in gun ownership. I joined a gun club, they also required me to join the NRA. I wasn't sure either until I learned what the NRA had done in 1976 that still enabled me to still own guns and join that gun club.

In the Feb issue of America's 1st Freedom Dave Kopel writes about what happened when the handgun confiscation initiative appeared on the 1976 statewide ballot in Massachusetts. If it wasn't for the NRA "tinhats" MA would be worse than even Wash DC, Chicago, CA and NJ.

Against All Odds
http://www.nrapublications.org/index.php/12374/against-all-odds/

Get and stay informed with "America's First Freedom" NRA monthly magazine (the most consistent in-depth reporting on gun issues, laws and politics).

Subscribe NRA-ILA legislative and RKBA e-mail alerts:
https://secure.nraila.org/EmailSignup.aspx

WTF! I was forced to join by my club and I just got my membership stuff and I didn't get a hat! I would never wear it anyway but I still feel like I got ripped off since I didn't get one.[grin]

I'll take it off your hands. About once a month my sons school has a "hat day" where they can where a baseball hat to school. I'm sure he'd love to wear that.

I have one collecting dust in Plainville if you want it.

There is so much to actually get mad about in this state and at this time. This is not one of those things...

"Damnit, this free hat wasn't made in a America, I want my money back..." -Dude...

I got sick of the almost daily mailings from the NRA-ILA. So when it was time to renew, I called and asked if I could pay my dues but be removed from ALL nra mailing lists. The guy said he could do it. A month or so went by and I was still flooded with thier junk mail, so I didn't re-up.
I can't imagine how much they spend sending out that constant stream of junk.
That was about twelve years ago. I joined GOAL back then and I've been a member ever since.

If the North American Habbadashers Confederation gave out crappy Norinco AK47s to members would you be bitching?

B

It's the National Rifle Association, not the National Textile Association.

Are all your firearms 100% American made? No? That's okay, you still have the right to own them.

Hey even Harley Davidson sells China made hats!!! But they are great looking hats
Don't like it, but I do have some neat hats.
I don't were the NRA hat because it is too cheap looking!!!
The Harley US made hats are about $25 or more.
Just my 2 cents!

And as far as the NRA...any club I belong to..said you have to be an NRA member as well.

For you folks who haven't figured it out for yourselves yet, call NRA's membership services and tell them to take you off their mailing list.

For you who bitch about the NRA: the more members they have, the more effectively they can lobby to keep Congress from trampling your 2A rights. Strength in numbers.

If you think their message has lost focus, them get out of your lazy boy and help them out with more than just your pocket book.

KBCraig:2229155 said:
It's the National Rifle Association, not the National Textile Association.

Are all your firearms 100% American made? No? That's okay, you still have the right to own them.

Actually they are... if I coulda got a brand new glock19 for the around the same price i got my sr9c I would have gone glock.

I own a Toyota (built in japan). I shop at walmart (mostly made in china products)

But the NRA promotes patriotism. And they embroid an american flag on the damn hat. But its made in china.

I just laughed out loud and shook my head. I had to share.... im not really bitching.

Its like a womens rights group supporting abortion.... its just ironic

Actually they are... if I coulda got a brand new glock19 for the around the same price i got my sr9c I would have gone glock.

I own a Toyota (built in japan). I shop at walmart (mostly made in china products)

But the NRA promotes patriotism. And they embroid an american flag on the damn hat. But its made in china.

I just laughed out loud and shook my head. I had to share.... im not really bitching.

Its like a womens rights group supporting abortion.... its just ironic

Doesn't Toyota have the most plants in the US?

Precisely. And Glock does do manufacturing in Smyrna.

@bkrbkr19 - And even if they didn't...apparently all the people who are employed in selling foreign products, marketing foreign products, importing foreign products, and repairing or servicing the foreign products have jobs that aren't as important or worthy as people who actually work in the final factory? Why is the "Made in X" label the designator of good versus bad? Where did the fabric come from? If it was cotton where was it grown? Who made the pesticides? Who made the harvesters? If synthetics, where did the raw materials come from? Where were the materials spun and woven? Where did the dyes come from? Who made the machines to weave the fabric and sew the hats? Where were the shippers from? The marketing people? The sales people? What about the advertising money that gets spent here? How many people involved in the life of the product have to be American before you no longer think it's ironic?

Yes, the NRA promotes patriotism. Why does patriotism = protectionist?

In my case the club I belong to only requires it for the liability insurance. They don't care if you actually have a full membership, as they will buy an "associate" membership on your behalf for the insurance which is $15 additional to the regular club membership, but for the extra $10 you can have the full membership and get whatever bonuses they offer and the magazine, so for me it's a no brainer - especially this year since I got a $25 gift card for renewing.[wink]

Nicole:2229348 said:

Precisely. And Glock does do manufacturing in Smyrna.

@bkrbkr19 - And even if they didn't...apparently all the people who are employed in selling foreign products, marketing foreign products, importing foreign products, and repairing or servicing the foreign products have jobs that aren't as important or worthy as people who actually work in the final factory? Why is the "Made in X" label the designator of good versus bad? Where did the fabric come from? If it was cotton where was it grown? Who made the pesticides? Who made the harvesters? If synthetics, where did the raw materials come from? Where were the materials spun and woven? Where did the dyes come from? Who made the machines to weave the fabric and sew the hats? Where were the shippers from? The marketing people? The sales people? What about the advertising money that gets spent here? How many people involved in the life of the product have to be American before you no longer think it's ironic?

Yes, the NRA promotes patriotism. Why does patriotism = protectionist?

First off... my 4runner was built in japan.

And now that this thread has turned into a friggin homework assignment, this is why patriotism = protectionisim http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_nationalism

This is getting out of hand.... if nobody sees the irony in the whole "nra american flag hat made in china " then forget about it.

For you folks who haven't figured it out for yourselves yet, call NRA's membership services and tell them to take you off their mailing list.

For you who bitch about the NRA: the more members they have, the more effectively they can lobby to keep Congress from trampling your 2A rights. Strength in numbers.

If you think their message has lost focus, them get out of your lazy boy and help them out with more than just your pocket book.
Some of us have figured it out and asked to be removed from their mailing lists and they just kept mailing shit anyway. Eff them and their hats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom