This is what is wrong with the NRA

Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly why i stopped my membership... mailings mailings mailings. i dont want life insurance or gold coins. i want you to help get my states laws in order. I have heard the don't care about mass because we are so upsidedown

When you consider the cost of NRA yearly membership, it's only slightly more than a NES membership. And I believe it does more than provide a forum for hard-ass keyboard commandos.

So i decided i am going to try and join a local range. All of the cheap local ranges require memberships to the NRA....

i really didnt want to get sucked into the whole NRA thing, (putting on tin foil hat).... i am conflicted about who i think they are working for.

anyways i got my complimentary hat in the mail today and i really want to ship it back to them. With all the preaching they do, youd think that they could try to keep the textile manufacturing jobs in this nation???

2012-02-08_16-29-37_972.jpg

Most local clubs don't require membership to the NRA. Look around, Pembroke doesn't require membership.

And it is also one of the nicest clubs in Eastern MA. And do a lot for the community, in terms of scholarships, donations, youth programs that are very cheap $5 they provide rifles, ammo and food. They also renovated the pistol range and they have cameras all over the place. It is also really clean, and the range master is a really cool guy.

Last edited:
WTF! I was forced to join by my club and I just got my membership stuff and I didn't get a hat! I would never wear it anyway but I still feel like I got ripped off since I didn't get one.[grin]
Find a new club. Any club that forces you to join doesn't deserve any money. I guess an initiation fee and a yearly fee are not enough for most clubs.

I throw this out there every time one of these threads start, I decided years ago to go to a Life Member.
When I became a life member I contacted them and discussed removing myself from any mailings except the magazine subscription and any election materials for the NRA. It took about 3-4 months but from that point on I am only getting 1 or 2 mailings per year usually asking for additional contribution/donation and an increase in my membership status. Not perfect but not the 2-3 a month I was used too.

Broccoli Iglesias:2229682 said:
So i decided i am going to try and join a local range. All of the cheap local ranges require memberships to the NRA....

i really didnt want to get sucked into the whole NRA thing, (putting on tin foil hat).... i am conflicted about who i think they are working for.

anyways i got my complimentary hat in the mail today and i really want to ship it back to them. With all the preaching they do, youd think that they could try to keep the textile manufacturing jobs in this nation???

2012-02-08_16-29-37_972.jpg

Most local clubs don't require membership to the NRA. Look around, Pembroke doesn't require membership.

And it is also one of the nicest clubs in Eastern MA. And do a lot for the community, in terms of scholarships, donations, youth programs that are very cheap $5 they provide rifles, ammo and food. They also renovated the pistol range and they have cameras all over the place. It is also really clean, and the range master is a really cool guy.

They charge almost double what middleboro sportsmans club charges. I just need a safe place to send lead downrange.... I don't need the pancake breakfasts, can drives and boyscouts getting in my way. If I want to be a part of all that crap ill join the shriners. They actually get cool hats

Another vent on the NRA thread? Don't you have anything better to do instead of complaining? If you joined, get active and change what you don't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom