• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

This was posted last Wednesday in NES-GF....WTF ? One 'like'

Working at a somewhat remote location (net nanny on network) and missed on cell at night. Otherwise would have watched it and commented. No like but I'll post a sad face.

A shame that he was so upset that he burned his uniform. He may regret that someday, especially if he has kids. If his version is true, terrible that he was railroaded by some femo-nazi bitch and the similar prosecutor and judge. NC is being overrun with people from NY, NJ, CT, MA, etc. so combine that with some already liberal urban areas and you get politicians, prosecutors, and judges aggressively pushing the radical liberal agenda.

His anger at America as a whole is misplaced. Instead of shitting on everyone he should have made an appeal to those who would support him while giving a big FU to those who persecuted him. I bet he would have seen a ton of support. Perhaps if PTSD is in play, he may not have been in control of his emotions.

LOL…I’ve been planning to move to North Carolina for four months I think I’ll change my plans
If you are really set on NC, there may be areas that are tolerable. However, I recommend treading carefully before moving to NC. I highly recommend Tennessee. Though primarily a 'red' state, many of the dems have traditionally been 'blue dog' dems if not by label, by their voting record.

His anger at America as a whole is misplaced. Instead of shitting on everyone he should have made an appeal to those who would support him while giving a big FU to those who persecuted him. I bet he would have seen a ton of support. Perhaps if PTSD is in play, he may not have been in control of his emotions.
Bruh, I don't think his anger at America is misplaced, betrayal is betrayal, but at the same time he should have controlled his anger on the 'tube', but cuz 'PTSD' his anger seemed to be takes center stage instead of the injustice. He burned what he loved & fought for so long for. Don't blame the victim....he's proper woke now, as am I.

Sad that this happened either way, dude’s just screwing himself even harder by posting shit like that online.

Nobody ever told us the world would be fair and most of us quickly learn not to GAF what they think anyway. He needs to drop his ruck and take a knee for a bit to get his thoughts back, then get back up and stop waiting on the world to give a shit, it ain’t gonna happen. Sooner he realizes that the sooner he can get back to business of living and get the man off his back.

Bruh, I don't think his anger at America is misplaced, betrayal is betrayal, but at the same time he should have controlled his anger on the 'tube', but cuz 'PTSD' his anger seemed to be takes center stage instead of the injustice. He burned what he loved & fought for so long for. Don't blame the victim....he's proper woke now, as am I.
He should however recognize that not all of America would screw him over like that. My Dad finished his 3 tours in '67 and I don't think at that time the returning service men were seeing the shit show that would develop later. I do recall much of the crap the hippies did in the 70's. Our city would tolerate none of that. Vets were always welcomed home and when POW's would finally return there would be a parade. Businesses took pride in hiring vets. America is not the problem, leftist America is the problem. Has been since Vietnam.

Sad that this happened either way, dude’s just screwing himself even harder by posting shit like that online.

Nobody ever told us the world would be fair and most of us quickly learn not to GAF what they think anyway. He needs to drop his ruck and take a knee for a bit to get his thoughts back, then get back up and stop waiting on the world to give a shit, it ain’t gonna happen. Sooner he realizes that the sooner he can get back to business of living and get the man off his back.
The greatest sin is silence in the face of tyranny.

The burning video was posted by the vet, Vern Williams, in October 2018. I think it was discussed here but I have seen it before. Here is a more contemporary review from a few months ago. Matt

What? All of America betrayed him because a couple of clams screwed him over? :rolleyes: F*** that.

I know I didn't do anything to betray him, and I feel pretty confident in saying nobody else here did either.

And btw, who the f*** confronts a trespasser in 2018 and doesn't film it on their phone to cover their ass?

If you are really set on NC, there may be areas that are tolerable. However, I recommend treading carefully before moving to NC. I highly recommend Tennessee. Though primarily a 'red' state, many of the dems have traditionally been 'blue dog' dems if not by label, by their voting record.
NC has it's areas. I agree with TN. My situation required me to move to NC specifically.

Dealing with my accent and then being "accused" of being one of those liberals I find insulting.

I live in an area that is best described as a Sturbridge like area. Major highways.

I live in Landis. Which is a very small town. Very red. It is reassuring seeing people just being people and doing what's right. Aka not being woke.

Our County is a 2A sanctuary.

I avoid going into Charlotte unless I have to report to employee health (aka Covid Secret Spy police) or the airport. Charlotte sucks it's like one big Boston seaport stuff.

Also unless your looking for something particular food sucks down here.

Chain Restaurant city.

While I found some local "head turner" places I usually bring an appropriate accented NC native with me.

Open carry up here is accepted mainly due to the ridiculous cost and time it takes to get a permit.

However I still find it disturbing people buy a decent branded handgun. And put it in a cheap holster from Walmart. With no retention and about to fall of the belt.

NC has it's areas. I agree with TN. My situation required me to move to NC specifically.

Dealing with my accent and then being "accused" of being one of those liberals I find insulting.

I live in an area that is best described as a Sturbridge like area. Major highways.

I live in Landis. Which is a very small town. Very red. It is reassuring seeing people just being people and doing what's right. Aka not being woke.

Our County is a 2A sanctuary.

I avoid going into Charlotte unless I have to report to employee health (aka Covid Secret Spy police) or the airport. Charlotte sucks it's like one big Boston seaport stuff.

Also unless your looking for something particular food sucks down here.

Chain Restaurant city.

While I found some local "head turner" places I usually bring an appropriate accented NC native with me.

Open carry up here is accepted mainly due to the ridiculous cost and time it takes to get a permit.

However I still find it disturbing people buy a decent branded handgun. And put it in a cheap holster from Walmart. With no retention and about to fall of the belt.
Before they went to China, I was a supplier to the furniture makers in NC. Talk about red! Loved it.

You are right about how chain restaurants prevail. Once nice thing about being in New England- they don't dominate your food choices.

Once folks get to know you, they'll still rib you over the accent but they'll lighten up overall.

A shame that he was so upset that he burned his uniform. He may regret that someday, ... terrible that he was railroaded ... you get politicians, prosecutors, and judges aggressively pushing the radical liberal agenda.

His anger at America as a whole is misplaced. Instead of shitting on everyone he should have

Instead of burning his own uniform, he should be burning THEIRS!

I do recall much of the crap the hippies did in the 70's. Our city would tolerate none of that. Vets were always welcomed home and when POW's would finally return there would be a parade. Businesses took pride in hiring vets. America is not the problem, leftist America is the problem. Has been since Vietnam.
Wow................you were lucky to have come from such a city. That was not my experience coming home from Vietnam in 1968. There were no 'welcome home' sayers far less any parades. Nonetheless, I do agree with your statement that leftist American has been the problem since Vietnam.

It saddens me that he felt compelled to burn his uniform. I agree with Mountain that he'll someday regret that. And worst of all the fact that our justice system is corrupt is undeniable and had he appealed the decision I feel sure he would have gained support from those who could recognize the injustice and act on his behalf.

I don't feel his anger was misplaced entirely, I think putting his anger on U-Tube and pissing on all of America hardly provided him the support or sympathy he sought. I hope he has been able to get a whole lot of help to get his head straight. A total FUBAR.

Wow................you were lucky to have come from such a city. That was not my experience coming home from Vietnam in 1968. There were no 'welcome home' sayers far less any parades. Nonetheless, I do agree with your statement that leftist American has been the problem since Vietnam.

It saddens me that he felt compelled to burn his uniform. I agree with Mountain that he'll someday regret that. And worst of all the fact that our justice system is corrupt is undeniable and had he appealed the decision I feel sure he would have gained support from those who could recognize the injustice and act on his behalf.

I don't feel his anger was misplaced entirely, I think putting his anger on U-Tube and pissing on all of America hardly provided him the support or sympathy he sought. I hope he has been able to get a whole lot of help to get his head straight. A total FUBAR.

And believe it or not, this was in California. There are some 'red' pockets and much of central and inland NorCal are 'red'.

Back
Top Bottom