Thompson Center sabots

I'd been using the TC Shock Wave bullets, with their Super Glide Sabots (yellow), and a second load was always a bit tough to get seated fully w/o cleaning the "crud ring."

I had to zero a scope, and picked up a box of the TC Mag Express sabot (black). My first shot on the target was with a Super Glide sabot, which do seat easily. The first time. For a subsequent load, I tried the Mag Express sabot, w/o any cleaning beforehand. This took a bit of effort, but it seated a lot easier than the Super Glide sabot ever did in a dirty bore. And, I did it a third time. Not much more effort was required than the second. So now I'm confident that the Mag Express will not be a problem to load, if a follow-up shot is required in the field.

The pellets are just too convenient. And I've got almost a hundred of them left.

pre measured charges with a bullet/sabot in a speed loader works for me.

I use either harvester scorpion pt gold in a crushed rib sabot or barnes spitfire tmz sabot. both load like butter, even after multiple shots.

By a large margin my TC Impact likes the 250g Hornady Lock-N-Load SST Low Drag Sabot. It went down the barrel easier than any of the others I tried and it also grouped the best. This sabot is great. It has a tail that will hold up to 3 50g pellets (trim the tail if you only want to use 2 pellets) and the tail is constructed so the pellets don't slide off of the tail. The bullet, sabot, and pellets go down the barrel as a one piece unit which makes for a terrific field reload.

They will also shoot a ragged hole at 100 yards so when I miss I know that it's my fault.[laugh]

http://www.cabelas.com/product/hornady-reg-sst-ml-low-drag-lock-n-load-174-speed-sabots-with-flex-tip-technology/735139.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3DHornady%252BSST%252B%26x%3D10%26y%3D6%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%252BProducts&Ntt=Hornady+SST+

Back
Top Bottom