• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Thoughts on 9MM

I heard some manufacturers are holding on ramping production. Was some YouTube video at 4 am so who knows...but I am glad I stocked up on a lot of rounds when I had the chance.

Lol not sure if serious, I bet if anything they are all maxed out right now.

Now holding on adding more production lines? Sure... that makes sense. Adding lines costs shitloads of money. Most are probably thinking the demand is high but not high enough to justify adding tons of extra lines.

Lol not sure if serious, I bet if anything they are all maxed out right now.

Now holding on adding more production lines? Sure... that makes sense. Adding lines costs shitloads of money. Most are probably thinking the demand is high but not high enough to justify adding tons of extra lines.
Right that’s what I meant they are keeping the same capacity in production without increasing allowing for more supply to meet the demand.

Finally got my order of 95g FMJ RN bullets (@ 8¢ a pop). These work just fine in the niner, but those that require a pf of 125 will have to push them at about 1315 fps. These could be found around 6¢ a piece about 8 years ago, so we haven't really seen appreciable increases for these little guys; although 33% is enough.
Makes for an economical range load, at least.

Geez Louise what does it take for you knotheads to figure out you need to reload ammunition? Do you need to be hit over the head with a bag of 9MM brass? Don’t whine at me that there are no primers. You’re late to the game. Buy a press, save your brass, buy bullets and powder and wait till primers are available again. In the meantime take a reloading course so you don’t blow yourself up.

Picked up 2 100 rd. boxes of Herters 9 for 21.99 on the 31st. Also a box of Sig Elite V-Crown for 14.99 at Cabelas. I left the other box for someone else. I was going to grab the last two boxes of .38+P but left that for someone else too. I don’t shoot the .38 much.

Geez Louise what does it take for you knotheads to figure out you need to reload ammunition? Do you need to be hit over the head with a bag of 9MM brass? Don’t whine at me that there are no primers. You’re late to the game. Buy a press, save your brass, buy bullets and powder and wait till primers are available again. In the meantime take a reloading course so you don’t blow yourself up.
Yep. You can score primers if you watch the online vendors regularly and sign up for email notifications.

Primers are available but you need to look hard and pay even harder.
I saw a NESr selling 9mm range ammo for 60 cents a round today. Crazy. But No doubt some one will snag it.

Only the flippers will be selling it that much the gun stores will be cleaned out/not selling (or rationing to gun buyers oy at the last realistic price) if it's ever that expensive. I'm basically using the previous Obama scares as a kind of a guideline. Eventually vendors and consumers have this thing I call abandonment- they won't bother buying it if the price gets too retarded... it's better to just throw in towel and leave shelves bare.... and then joe nipplehead internet flipper will be the only guy selling it. After a certain point is also harmful to an LGS reputation to even sell stuff that high....
But Reptile will be stuck with a truckload of unsold ammo to go with the rape priced stripped lowers. Sacrilege.

I picked up two boxes of PMC Bronze .32 jhp for $26.24 at one shop, then today I bought 3 boxes of the same for $20.99 a box. I just found my go to LGS.

Back
Top Bottom