Thoughts on "Kali Key" bolt action BCG?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stumbled across this product on some forums. The "kali key" it's a bolt action BCG. I wonder about the legality in MA since the AWB is for semi autos...

From the site:

"They Kali Key lets you quickly and easily build your ideal hunting rifle, lets you build the quietest suppressed rifle, benefits your long-range precision shooting, and allows you to keep the rifle you love in “assault weapon” jurisdictions.

The Kali Key is a true drop-in solution: No milling, no aesthetic modifications, and no turning off your gas system is necessary.

Import, transport, own and have fun with your AR as quickly as you can swap out a BCG."

Thoughts?

Queen Bee

NES Member
Rating - 75%
18   6   0
i own one, makes a good bolt action AR. you can have all the "evil features" when you are outside of the state. but when in the state. a bolt action does not fall under the AWB

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
This meets the MA regs ok?

nobody knows, good luck with that. One would ruminate that, at least under the real AWB, it makes a normal non shit gun AWB compliant by making it NOT semiautomatic, which is the key factor in determining AWB relevance. A gun that is manually operated cannot violate the AWB.

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Even with the Kali Key installed, you still have an AR, correct?

Correct. It'd be a bolt action standard AR.. not a semiauto.. but if one was going out of state they could replace the BCG with a regular one.

I guess I was just a little too subtle.

IF the state said, "NO ARs for you peasant!", the rifle would still be an AR, even if modified to bolt action, and liable to be banned/confiscated, correct? It's not a permanent modification.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0

IF the state said, "NO ARs for you peasant!", the rifle would still be an AR, even if modified to bolt action, and liable to be banned/confiscated, correct? It's not a permanent modification.

Yes, sure, obviously, but why should we ruminate about something that isn't law? This only matters if you believe in the healeyban press conference garbage.

dgrantdoherty

NES Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0

I agree to a certain extent. But to what extent I'm not sure. They make regular bolt uppers for ars. But of it can be taken off and a regular upper put on it doesn't work. What if front pivot pin wasn't removable? Then upper can't be removed.
Im over thinking this. Build regular and call it a day

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yes, sure, obviously, but why should we ruminate about something that isn't law? This only matters if you believe in the healeyban press conference garbage.

I think you both are correct. It depends on what your interpretation of the law is

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you both are correct. It depends on what your interpretation of the law is
What a Joke. The more I look into and try to make sure I am following the law, the more vague it is when it comes down to actual problems an average citizen would have when building or buying.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.6%
70   1   0
There have been 0 prosecutions but I don't wanna be the test case...
Did you ever think that there might be a reason that in 4.5 yrs no prosecutions?
There are a few thousand of us ahead of you for a test case
Exactly and a press conference/memo/FAQ is not equal to a legislative law.

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
It's funny. Not funny funny, but sad funny.

Honest, conscientious firearms owners worry bout such things.

Criminals and "special" groups don't.

Top Bottom