• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Three in a row..gun stores that is

I was driving across PA on 78 earlier this week. First I came upon a Cabela's. Wow! that place needs it's own zip code. It already has it's own Cracker Barrel for the bus tours. It was huge. I didn't have time to do a complete walk through, it would take weeks. Next time I'm allocating enough time.

30 or 40 miles down the road was a Bass Pro shop. Very nice (I've been in them before) but nothing to compare to Cabela's.

Then about 30 miles further was a Gander Mountain. I didn't even bother to go in. It was about the size of a small K-mart.

That’s cool I can't wait for the ones in MA to open.

People think it is crazy when I tell them I have the choice of 5 different gun shops on my way home. On my normal route home I pass Brons, Whiskey Hill and Ware GS, I can substitute Whiskey Hill by taking a different route home with either Nick's sport shop or my favorite Tombstone.

That’s cool I can't wait for the ones in MA to open..

I hear ya.

People think it is crazy when I tell them I have the choice of 5 different gun shops on my way home. On my normal route home I pass Brons, Whiskey Hill and Ware GS, I can substitute Whiskey Hill by taking a different route home with either Nick's sport shop or my favorite Tombstone.

This must be the same way I go to the range [smile].

If you go to the Cabella's, drive up the road into Port Clinton and look for the "Port Clinton Hotel" on your left. The food there is outstanding and dirt cheap for what you get.

Do NOT order a "large fry" unless you have several people to share it. Portions are bigger than you expect.

I was driving across PA on 78 earlier this week. First I came upon a Cabela's. Wow! that place needs it's own zip code. It already has it's own Cracker Barrel for the bus tours. It was huge. I didn't have time to do a complete walk through, it would take weeks. Next time I'm allocating enough time.

30 or 40 miles down the road was a Bass Pro shop. Very nice (I've been in them before) but nothing to compare to Cabela's.

Then about 30 miles further was a Gander Mountain. I didn't even bother to go in. It was about the size of a small K-mart.---News Shooter

Interestingly, this last weekend, I hit both the Cabela’s on Rt. 78 and the Gander Mountain on Rt.81, but skipped the Bass Pro Shop (RT 83?) as one is opening 10 or 15 minutes from me shortly. I also visited a local gun shop out side of Charolesttsville, VA.

Respectfully,

jkelly

On the way back from the St. Lawrence we stopped in a Gander Mountain in upstate NY. The firearms and reloading section were larger than I would have thought they would be. Nice display of M1A's. The handgun area was larger then most I've seen up here including the KTP.

Do NOT order a "large fry" unless you have several people to share it. Portions are bigger than you expect.

Sounds like my kinda place!

Waitress: You sure you want the large fry, it usually serves four.

Me: Oh.... In that case you better bring me two and double up that milk shake.

It is a FACT - they are building a Cabela's in Scarborough. And get this - they are donating excavated soil to the gun club next door so they can update their rifle ranges. Got this from a member of my bullseye team who has a house in the area and just joined the club.

No question about why LL Bean is building a new and expanded Shooting Sports building behind the old one...

ALSO - the East Hartford, CT Cabela's is about ready to open their doors. Holy Crap! I'm going to be almost mid-distance between two Cabela's!!!

Back
Top Bottom