three police officers shot in PA

I agree this is insanity, I got a quick glimpse of it this morning, Way too much sh%t happening lately.

Again my thoughts and Prayers are with the officers and families...

Thank God we have a president and Congress doing everything they can to prolong the economic crisis we're in to get their radical agenda enacted.

God forbid people should start to feel good about where the world was headed.

They know if they keep dragging the country down, more people, who are already on edge, will turn violent and they can use that as justification to take more of our rights away from us.

God save us.

WE are screwed

Only if you don't fight back.

While these shootings are bad, and hurt the reputation over 80 million LAW ABIDING GUN OWNERS, they represent a tiny fraction of crimes committed by guns versus the number of guns owned by American citizens. "Law Abiding" gun owners don't commit these crimes and that's the operative phrase in the firearms debate.

Last edited:
New report says three dead. Perp was "gun enthusiast".

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/19094064/detail.html

The perpetrator may have been a "gun enthusiast," but he resorted to criminal activity. Punish the criminals. But do not punish the law abiding gun owners.

The law doesn't punish the family members of a criminal. Neither should it punish law abiding gun owners for crimes committed by others. To do so would be a criminal act in itself.

Three police officers kills; suspect feared Obama gun ban

Just f***ing wonderful... If a gun ban wasn't in the works already, this will certainly be a motivating factor for left leaning politicians...

My heart and prayers go out to the officers and their families.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gxAP_ul1xtDvN-3H8XQ5EaI6_7cAD97BOAVO0

PITTSBURGH (AP) — A man opened fire on officers during a domestic disturbance call Saturday morning, killing three of them, a police official said. Friends said he feared the Obama administration was poised to ban guns.

Three officers were killed, said a police official at the scene who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media. Police spokeswoman Diane Richard would only say that at least five officers were wounded, but wouldn't give any other details.

The man who fired at the officers was arrested after a several-hour standoff. One witness reported hearing hundreds of shots.

The shootings occurred just two weeks after four police officers March 21 in Oakland, Calif., in the deadliest day for U.S. law enforcement since Sept. 11, 2001.

Police did not immediately release the gunman's identity, but his friends at the scene described him as a young man who thought the Obama administration would ban guns.

One friend, Edward Perkovic, said the gunman feared "the Obama gun ban that's on the way" and "didn't like our rights being infringed upon." Another longtime friend, Aaron Vire, said he feared that President Obama was going to take away his rights, though he said he "wasn't violently against Obama."

Perkovic, a 22-year-old who said he was the gunman's best friend, said he got a call at work from him in which he said, "Eddie, I am going to die today. ... Tell your family I love them and I love you."

Perkovic said: "I heard gunshots and he hung up. ... He sounded like he was in pain, like he got shot."

Vire, 23, said the gunman once had an Internet talk show but that it wasn't successful. Vire said his friend had an AK-47 rifle and several powerful handguns, including a .357 Magnum.

The officers were called to the home in the Stanton Heights neighborhood at about 7 a.m., Richard said.

Tom Moffitt, 51, a city firefighter who lives two blocks away, said he heard about the shooting on his scanner and came to the scene, where he heard "hundreds, just hundreds of shots. And not just once — several times."

Rob Gift, 45, who lives a block away, said he heard rapid gunfire as he was letting his dog out.

He said the neighborhood of well-kept single-family houses and manicured lawns is home to many police officers, firefighters, paramedics and other city workers.

"It's just a very quiet neighborhood," Gift said.

The government is quietly arming nuts and turning them loose to make the headlines necessary to further their agendas....

Just because this is what his freinds said, doesn't verify this as motive, even though the article seems to be obsessed with this statement. Much to learn about this still. In any event, another tragedy.

That was my point - there's nothing I've read that says his actions or motive had anything to do with his distaste for gun control. The author might as well have written "he likes Jell-o" three times in the article. It's irrelevant, but it paints him to be a gun nut.

I was joking...but if you think a scenerio like that is impossible, especially in this day and age...maybe you're the lunatic.

That was my point - there's nothing I've read that says his actions or motive had anything to do with his distaste for gun control. The author might as well have written "he likes Jell-o" three times in the article. It's irrelevant, but it paints him to be a gun nut.

Except in this case it is relavent, he was a paranoid nut, whereas a statement about jello wouldn't describe his demeanor at all. Well not paranoid about the gun banning, because that is most likely coming... but enough to open fire on officers at his house who weren't infringing on his rights. He definitely had a screw loose.

Of course, there COULD be more to the story and perhaps the officers were in the wrong? We will probably never know the whole story.

So this nut is concerned the obama administration is going to ban guns so he shoots people giving them more reason to ban them. What a nut. Also maybe he thought they were coming to confiscate his guns then. Who knows? It is very difficult to believe what we hear these days on the MSM etc.
Once again the innocent will be blamed for the acts of others.

The shooting of these police officers in PA - or the slaughter of 14 civilians in NY - is tragic. I pray for their families...

But I have to tell you, it's WEIRD seeing the world from this new perspective. That is, as a new gun owner and former gun-control proponent...

Lately it's seemed that we've heard about every shooting out across the country. What's up with the national press corps? It really looks like someone out there is trying to score political points...

First the guy in NY who apparently was the registered owner of the 2 pistols he used in his rampage, now this guy...in a split second, both went from "law abiding gun owner" to a tank of race fuel on the gun control fire. The Brady Bunch have to be giggling in uncontrollable glee right about now. Regardless of media bias and the back stories that will never be told, this is huge step backwards for all of us.

Except in this case it is relavent, he was a paranoid nut, whereas a statement about jello wouldn't describe his demeanor at all. Well not paranoid about the gun banning, because that is most likely coming... but enough to open fire on officers at his house who weren't infringing on his rights. He definitely had a screw loose.

Of course, there COULD be more to the story and perhaps the officers were in the wrong? We will probably never know the whole story.

No doubt he had a screw loose. It's just first reports from the MSM are so often dead wrong. For instance, just yesterday the NY shooter was reported twice in the same article as having a high power rifle. Turns out he had two handguns and body armor.

In addition, I just saw on FOX that the police initially responded to a domestic disturbance call in PA. Unless he was shouting out the window "Obama is going to take my guns" and that initiated the call and subsequent police response, I don't see this as the primary motive.

This is pretty scary stuff. Apparently he was a happy go lucky guy, who just woke up and snapped today. If the article is true, no real indication ahead of time he was going to popl

So what IS the solution? The left is surely going to be pushing for gun confiscation of anything that holds more than 5 rounds and is semi-auto. We HOPE that is not the solution! The bad economy is going to push unstable people over the edge, as they fear the taliban, the economy, gun control, the phase of the moon, whatever.

I am trying to see some halfway measure. We b*tch about our CLEOs sometimes caprecious ruling on our suitability for a high capacity LTC. But does that keep a crazy guy from getting an AR-15 here in Mass? We really b*tch when we hear of a town requiring a doctor's letter of suitability, same question.

If you heard one of your friends talking crazy about obama, or an gun confisation, etc, and saying he "was going to do something about it", what would you do? Laugh it off. Turn him in.

This is bad stuff all around, and I can not see where it is going to end up.

This is pretty scary stuff. Apparently he was a happy go lucky guy, who just woke up and snapped today. If the article is true, no real indication ahead of time he was going to popl

So what IS the solution? The left is surely going to be pushing for gun confiscation of anything that holds more than 5 rounds and is semi-auto. We HOPE that is not the solution! The bad economy is going to push unstable people over the edge, as they fear the taliban, the economy, gun control, the phase of the moon, whatever.

I am trying to see some halfway measure. We b*tch about our CLEOs sometimes caprecious ruling on our suitability for a high capacity LTC. But does that keep a crazy guy from getting an AR-15 here in Mass? We really b*tch when we hear of a town requiring a doctor's letter of suitability, same question.

If you heard one of your friends talking crazy about obama, or an gun confisation, etc, and saying he "was going to do something about it", what would you do? Laugh it off. Turn him in.

This is bad stuff all around, and I can not see where it is going to end up.

Are you serious? [thinking]

First the guy in NY who apparently was the registered owner of the 2 pistols he used in his rampage, now this guy...in a split second, both went from "law abiding gun owner" to a tank of race fuel on the gun control fire. The Brady Bunch have to be giggling in uncontrollable glee right about now. Regardless of media bias and the back stories that will never be told, this is huge step backwards for all of us.

You got that right, my thoughts and prayers go out to the officers and their families. [halfmast]

I am dead serious. If we gun owners can not police our own ranks, you can bet for sure that obama is going to do it for us. I see no proposals from anyone (NRA, etc) for solving the problem, except from eric holder types. What is the solution?

Buying a couple more cases of 5.56 is not the answer if they take everything you have that fires it. Wake up.

Back
Top Bottom