• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Three Shot, One Killed, in Kansas Shooting

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/2...bar-was-racially-motivated-witnesses-say.html

OLATHE, Kan. – A man has been charged with murder in what some witnesses described as a racially motivated shooting at a crowded suburban Kansas City bar that left one Indian man dead and two other men hospitalized.

Local police are working with the FBI to investigate the shooting Wednesday night in Olathe, Kansas, but have declined to describe the attack as a hate crime.

A bartender at Austins Bar and Grill said Adam Purinton used "racial slurs" before he opened fire as patrons watched the University of Kansas-TCU basketball game on television. Srinivas Kuchibhotla, 32, died at a hospital, while 32-year-old Alok Madasani and 24-year-old Ian Grillot are hospitalized in stable condition, police said.

Purinton, 51, was taken into custody about five hours after the shooting after he told a bartender at an Applebee's some 70 miles away in Clinton, Missouri, that he had been involved in a shooting. He has been charged with murder and attempted murder.

A spokesman for India's External Affairs Ministry, Vikas Swarup, said Kuchibhotla was from the southern state of Telangana. Sushma Swaraj, India's External Affairs Minister, said Kuchibhotla's body would be transported to the city of Hyderabad, where his family lives.

The LinkedIn accounts for Kuchibhotla and Madasani describe them as engineers for GPS device-maker Garmin, which has a customer service center in Olathe.

India's government said its diplomats would monitor progress in the investigation in Kansas.

Asked at a news conference Thursday if the involvement of federal authorities indicated the shooting might be considered a hate crime, FBI special agent Eric Jackson said it was too early to determine.

"This was a violent crime and we want the best prosecution that relates to this because there are victims of this crime and we want the community to know that. ... We're looking to make sure that the individual involved in this is held accountable for his actions."

Bartender Garret Bohnen told the Kansas City Star that Kuchibhotla and Madasani stopped at Austins for a drink once or twice a week.

"From what I understand when he was throwing racial slurs at the two gentlemen (Kuchibhotla and Madasani), Ian (Grillot) stood up for them," Bohnen said. "We're all proud of him."

Witnesses also told the Star that Purinton yelled "get out of my country" before he opened fire.

Grillot said in an interview from his hospital bed that when the gunfire started, he hid until nine shots had been fired and he thought the suspect's gun magazine was empty.

"I got up and proceeded to chase him down, try to subdue him," Grillot said in a video from the University of Kansas Health System. "I got behind him and he turned around and fired a round at me."

Grillot said that the bullet went through his hand and into his chest, just missing a major artery.

"It's not about where he (the victim) was from or his ethnicity," Grillot said. "We're all humans, so I just did what was right to do."

GoFundMe pages have been established to help pay the victims' expenses.

U.S. Sen. Jerry Moran of Kansas posted a statement on Facebook saying he was disturbed by the shooting.

"I strongly condemn violence of any kind, especially if it is motivated by prejudice and xenophobia," Moran said.

don't be fooled here. the media intentionally reports shootings in red states and avoids reporting them in blue areas. a few people shot in kansas is considered "gun violence" whatever the hell that means. meanwhile in chicago 25 people shot in 1 weekend is called a "bloody weekend".

it's a form of bias. that is, sampling or reporting on events only under specific conditions. in this case these conditions suit their agenda. we should see right through this.

This is the fault of the libs and the media. Obviously the shooter is responsible for his own actions, but the media and the liberal left perpetuate this. Since obama there has been such a divide in this country. And that has carried right through this last election. Then these liberal anti-government/anti-constitution/anti-law groups fight for illegal/undocumented criminals to stay in this country. Then the media co-mingles legal and illegal immigrants while the libs march to keep them here.

So, you end up with some radicalized nut job pulling some crap like this because he or she feels they need to make a statement and they are too small minded to know there are peaceful ways to solve problems....but it takes time.

For one he shouldn't have attacked anyone and two he attacked the wrong people and three it is acts like this because of this alleged motivation that just help the other side.

But blame democrats for not enforcing laws because obama was above it all during his race bating time in office and also blame the media for feeding into this type of hate and acting like obama was the second coming of christ. He's a bigot and they (the media) have an agenda and this country hasn't been this divided since the civil war.

Why is it that every time some racist white guy shoots someone people need to bring up Chicago?

There will be no liberal outcry. India hates Muslims. Hindu Kush mountains literally means kill the Hindus. Google Islamic conquest of India and you will see some pretty horrific stuff. Makes Hitler look like a choir boy. So because Indian Americans do very well economically, very conservative, and Nikki Haley and Bobbi jindal are Indian Americans except crickets and tumbleweeds on this. Does not fit the fake news agenda. Of course if it was someone from Yemen or syria that is subjest to the travel ban...

This is so ****ed and wrong in so many ways.

Where are the U.S. Senators facebook comments about Chicago and all the deaths in that city?

Just earlier this week I was told by a hardline anti-immigrant person that no one is trying to block legal immigration from India. I pointed him to Sen. Tom Cotton's proposal to halve all legal immigration.

There's a reason the anti-immigration movement of the 19th Century were called the Know Nothing Party, and ignorance persists 160 years later.

Americans are ignorant of all history generally, but their own history most particularly.

Shooter sentenced to life without parole.

Kansas Man Sentenced to Life in Prison Without Parole for Racially Motivated Shooting at Olathe Bar

Kansas Man Pleads Guilty to Hate Crime and Firearm Offenses in Shooting of Two Indian Nationals and Third Man at a Bar

Guy was a real piece of work. Approached two strangers at a bar and demanded to know where they were from, how they entered the country, and accused them of being terrorists. Went home and returned with a pistol and shot in cold blood. Later bragged that he killed two Iranians, though his victims were Indian.

This is the fault of the libs and the media. Obviously the shooter is responsible for his own actions, but the media and the liberal left perpetuate this. Since obama there has been such a divide in this country. And that has carried right through this last election. Then these liberal anti-government/anti-constitution/anti-law groups fight for illegal/undocumented criminals to stay in this country. Then the media co-mingles legal and illegal immigrants while the libs march to keep them here.

But blame democrats for not enforcing laws because obama was above it all during his race bating time in office and also blame the media for feeding into this type of hate and acting like obama was the second coming of christ. He's a bigot and they (the media) have an agenda and this country hasn't been this divided since the civil war.

I know this post is a year and a half old...

But it’s ridiculous.

The left loves to nonsensically blame Republicans and the NRA when nutbags and criminals commit crimes using guns. And here we have someone blaming democrats and Obama for some criminal who murdered someone. Seriously? You someone came to that conclusion? That’s utterly irrational and purely idiotic.

I know this post is a year and a half old...

But it’s ridiculous.

The left loves to nonsensically blame Republicans and the NRA when nutbags and criminals commit crimes using guns. And here we have someone blaming democrats and Obama for some criminal who murdered someone. Seriously? You someone came to that conclusion? That’s utterly irrational and purely idiotic.

Thanks for quoting me after all this time. But I stand by my original post.

don't be fooled here. the media intentionally reports shootings in red states and avoids reporting them in blue areas. a few people shot in kansas is considered "gun violence" whatever the hell that means. meanwhile in chicago 25 people shot in 1 weekend is called a "bloody weekend".

it's a form of bias. that is, sampling or reporting on events only under specific conditions. in this case these conditions suit their agenda. we should see right through this.
Really simple. "Gun Violence" is a propaganda term. It lets the anti-gun left off the hook from explaining why places like NH, ME and VT have hardly ANY violent crime and MA ranks middle of the pack in the nation. More guns likely lead to more "gun violence" just like more Toyota Priuses on the road lead to more accidents involving them.

The overwhelming changes to our traditional demographics over a very short time span by the party of inclusion has created this monster. The numbers of people of Indian heritage coming in seems to be in the millions and on top of that every phone scam I get , it's an Indian guy calling. You don't want to hear what I call his mother ;.

The overwhelming changes to our traditional demographics over a very short time span by the party of inclusion has created this monster. The numbers of people of Indian heritage coming in seems to be in the millions and on top of that every phone scam I get , it's an Indian guy calling. You don't want to hear what I call his mother ;.

I'd love to hear what you call his mother!! PM me...

Back
Top Bottom