Tiger striped K31

SKS Ray

NES Member
While at the show today I saw something I meant to mention in the gun show thread but figured here was a better place. C-pher's buddy at the Powder Keg table had a K31 with some of the best tiger striping i've seen on a stock in a long time. Most of you know that getting a milsurp rifle with stripping or mottling in the grain is a plus. I was lucky enough to get a Finn M39 from WGA with amazing trademark Finn style grain and have been wanting a tiger Turk or K31. The rifle there today at $179 was a bit more than I'd normally pay but these are gettin harder to find and if I had the extra cash, i'd grab it. if someone from here does get it, just post some pics for me once its cleaned up and oiled. [smile]

My Finn by the way: This is what I mean by trademark Finn style grain.

abeb095a.jpg

Last edited:
Thats a purdy one there too congrats.

I always say its condition vs price and how bad you want it over rules all of the above but if its tiger striped too the price dosen't matter now does it?

I'm a sucker for a purdy tiger striped stock too. Even if i don't need it for my collection i buy it anyway just for the purdy wood. We just don't see too many like these. Don't feel too bad about what you paid either I seen a pic of an FN49 Vene 7mm on the net and it had the best FN49 Tiger striped stock I have seen in a longtime and I paid $700 for it and had no buyers remorse to this day too. Hey look at what were getting for paper money. We have to splurge once in a while right and we only pass this way once too. The UPS driver when she delivered my FN49 Vene the box just made it here it was almost torn in half so she tells me to check it out to see if its damaged before she leaves. When i took out a gun her eyes popped out and I said she's a purdy one ain't she? I have a ups driver thats a knockout too.

I have a real purdy '95 chilean 7mm mauser too thats tiger striped too. Again even though i had enough 7mm mausers I had to have this one too. And it was the best looking '95 7mm i have ever seen too.

My point is don't pass up those tiger striped stocks if you do i'll get them!!!!! Just kidding but its the wood that really speaks to us.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom