TikTok-inspired 'Orbeez Challenge' ends in MURDER after New Yorker, 18, is shot and killed 'by off-duty jail warden' when teen fired illegal air rifle

Reptile

NES Member

TikTok-inspired 'Orbeez Challenge' ends in MURDER after New Yorker, 18, is shot and killed 'by off-duty jail warden' when teen fired illegal air rifle at him from passing car​

• Raymond Chaluisant, 18, was allegedly shot and killed by off-duty Corrections Officer Dion Middleton, 45, on Thursday in the Bronx
  • Middleton was charged with murder of the teen, who allegedly fired at the cop with an air rifle for an 'Orbeez Challenge'
  • Afterwards, Middleton continued to work without reporting the incident, it is claimed
  • The challenge asks TikTokers and YouTubers to equip their air rifles or water guns with gel pellets and fire them at unsuspecting victims as a prank
  • The NYPD has warned against using these toys and has confiscated several of them after the fatal shooting
  • Middleton was arrested at the NYPD academy's firing range in Rodman's Neck, where he clocked into work hours after the shooting

Looks like the kid who was shot was in the passenger seat of a moving car, so this corrections officer possibly could have hit the driver and it seems like he fired after the gel blasting was over.

If he shot while still being blasted at, I can see it being justified, if the car was driving away and the gel blasting was no longer happening it doesn't matter who you are, you're no longer being assaulted and I'm pretty sure NY isn't a stand your ground state, thus the guy has a duty to retreat. He also didn't report this incident, so he's screwed.

I've seen these gel blasters in videos, they look fun as hell and it seems kids enjoy blasting each other with them out in public, but the issue here is it's disturbing the peace and inviting people to react in self defense and that's where people can get hurt or as we see in this case killed.

With limited reporting, I’m going with good shoot.
“Kid” (18yo) as far as I’m concerned he assaulted the guard..

I find it interesting that they come out like he’s a bad guy because he showed up to work after the incident.“Didn’t report it to a supervisor” why would you?

Afterwards, Middleton continued to work without reporting the incident, it is claimed

Getting shot at in NYC is just part of everyday life when you just go to work afterward.

ETA: Just read more of the article and the comments of the decedent's family show everything that's wrong with urban society mindset. And $1mm bail for the CO? Now the judge wants to get tough on crime while the yoots run wild and get ROR'd if they even make it that far in the system.

Why do corrections officers carry guns off duty? Because people on the outside get paid to kill them by gangs with people on the inside.

I’d guess the officer had no idea whether he hit the ”shooter” (or will say so). The NYC shotspotter logs a lot of gunfire that results in no shooter ID. How many unreported justifiable shots are fired in self-defense? No idea. Why turn yourself in for a gun-involved event in NYC - nothing good can come of it.

Even with 18,000+ surveillance cameras in NYC, the homicide clearance rate is miserable. Homicide Witness Equity hasn’t caught on yet…

F0D38F06-DE38-459E-A438-652DE9CBEF7C.jpeg
441993C0-D65A-415E-B99B-3EAF0D6C3FF0.jpeg

Social media is showing how desperate for attention these people are. It's sad.

My aunt's annoying husband, whose in his 50s, posts like a teenage girl on every social media platform. You can't bump into him without him wanting to take a selfie, record some stupid tik tok challenge, or somehow make the moment something he posts online.

I need to gift him one of these orbeez guns and encourage him to go to NY......

Social media is showing how desperate for attention these people are. It's sad.

My aunt's annoying husband, whose in his 50s, posts like a teenage girl on every social media platform. You can't bump into him without him wanting to take a selfie, record some stupid tik tok challenge, or somehow make the moment something he posts online.

I need to gift him one of these orbeez guns and encourage him to go to NY......

Post his Facebook page so we can ridicule him.

Someone f’ked around and found out…court of public opinion rules “justified” and the CO gets some lovely parting gifts courtesy of Turtle Wax…for the hard shell finish, use Turtle Wax

The lack of common sense and decision making in this next generation is epic. You people thought the millennials were bad. I am a millennial and I have a bunch of gen Z’s that are working for me. Most of them are completely socially inept and are shortly chewed up and spit out.

The Chinese did a great job with Tik-Tok and other social media manipulation, they are taking us down from within.

The lack of common sense and decision making in this next generation is epic. You people thought the millennials were bad. I am a millennial and I have a bunch of gen Z’s that are working for me. Most of them are completely socially inept and are shortly chewed up and spit out.

The Chinese did a great job with Tik-Tok and other social media manipulation, they are taking us down from within.

Product of the environment. Hell, blame Obama. His inept economic policies allowed us to go FOURTEEN years without a recession. The economy grew so tepidly slow from 09-Trump that it took extra long to build up any inefficiencies.

Ergo, anyone under 35 has no idea that you have to work hard. . . . . . . . . just to ensure during the next recession you don't get laid the F off. Everyone thinks this is Soviet Russia and they are entitled to a job.

Imagine how ugly this next recession is going to be when everyone who is U/E is UNDER 35. Imagine the whining. "IT'S NOT FAIIRRR!!!"

Eventually, after a few weeks of starving, they'll realize that hard work is necessary to KEEP a job.

And yeah, social media is creating these socially inept meatbags who can't function outside of the 1 minute instastory.

As I said, what's the difference? These animals loot and burn down black-owned businesses too. These are not civil rights activists, they are criminals.
I agree with you. But the difference is that its a bad look for the left when the person doing the shooting is not white. If rioting were to occur wthout race being the central issue, then rioting would lose its effectiveness in convincing soccer moms to come out and vote for democrats in order to address racial disparity. Rioting is effective in persuading the soccer moms to come out and vote for dems because it grabs them by their emotions when they see what they believe are people so desperate and so marginalized that they will take to such desperate measures over this issue as to burn down their own neighborhoods.

Last edited:
Looks like the kid who was shot was in the passenger seat of a moving car, so this corrections officer possibly could have hit the driver and it seems like he fired after the gel blasting was over.

If he shot while still being blasted at, I can see it being justified, if the car was driving away and the gel blasting was no longer happening it doesn't matter who you are, you're no longer being assaulted and I'm pretty sure NY isn't a stand your ground state, thus the guy has a duty to retreat. He also didn't report this incident, so he's screwed.

I've seen these gel blasters in videos, they look fun as hell and it seems kids enjoy blasting each other with them out in public, but the issue here is it's disturbing the peace and inviting people to react in self defense and that's where people can get hurt or as we see in this case killed.
Nope.. I'm over this crap too. Don't driveby strangers with anything.... if you do and you get smoked that's that no charges

Wow, that sounds terrible, poor guy! The incident def sounds complex, with so many factors to consider. I mean, yeah, these types of toys can be a lot of fun, but they can also be a nuisance if not used responsibly.
BTW, if you want more people to hear this story, you can share it on TikTok and get more followers and views with the help of this website: Buy TikTok Followers. They offer helpful resources for increasing your reach on the platform. I always use it, and it helps tremendously. Take care!

Last edited:
The incident you're describing with the gel blasters definitely sounds like a complex one, with various factors to consider. It's true that these types of toys can be a lot of fun, but they can also be a nuisance if not used responsibly.
2906358.jpg

Back
Top Bottom