• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tim Herron coming to ACADEMI Northeast in Salem CT

Hey everone,

I know I dont post on this site much...really ever but I want to let you know Tim Herron of Tim Herron Shooting is having a 2 day Perfortmance Pistol class on September 3 and 4.
Cost is 545.00 and we all know times are hard but this is a great opportunity to have this level of instruction for our local community

If you have any questions please reach out to either Tim at his website Training | Tim Herron Shooting | USA or me at Kurt's email .

Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon.

Kurt Herzberg
Training Director ACADEMI Northeast

0cdaa4_bc6c443aa50b426d92e12c23a907a088_mv2.jpg

Tim ran a class down at my local range in Georgia. A number of my friends attended it, (I wasn't able to) - and spoke highly of it.

He's coming back in March and I'm signed up for it.

Tim ran a class down at my local range in Georgia. A number of my friends attended it, (I wasn't able to) - and spoke highly of it.

He's coming back in March and I'm signed up for it.

Class was good. I learned that my perception of how I move and shoot bears little relation to the way that I actually move and shoot. Video is your friend - or more accurately, an objective observer.

I went into course with objective of making my movement better - and came out of having learned that me pumping energy into moving just makes me erratic - all waving hands and elbows - without doing any good. I need to focus on EFFECIENT movement, not ENERGETIC movement.

I learned that placing my support hand midway on my body means that my grip comes together way out front, so I get the gun up and pointed in the general direction, but then have to stabilize it and get my aiming point. A simple change of bringing my support hand all the way over to meet my strong hand as I snap my strong hand elbow back means that my grip begins forming MUCH earlier, and thus I can begin getting a sight point as my joined hands are extending. Ran that one against a timer to dispell my impression that the controlled draw was slower. Real numbers show that time to first shot is actually faster because the dot is stable as I reach full extension.

I thought I had my gun up as I moved. Video showed me that I didn't. So I focused on that - and it made huge changes. I picked up 7 seconds between my first timed run and my third one, went from a 3.? hit factor on my first run to a 4.? on my final run. Not world breaking by any means - but improvement. And I have some areas to focus on where I need to continue improving.

I took notes, I have a lot to think about, and things to work on.

Last, but not least - I picked up a "Tim Herron Barrel Patch". Which was pretty funny because I'd never heard of the drill, certainly never shot it - and didn't expect the reaction I got when I succeeded at it.

1678122701303.png

Back
Top Bottom