To CZ-97B or not to CZ-97B?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Ran across a CZ-97B today for sale and I'm going back and forth about buying it. I really enjoy my CZ-75B, but the design of the 97B is much different then the 75. It's an all steel 45acp blued handgun and it fits well with my larger hands. I think this gun would be too big for anyone who has medium or small hands, but for me it felt good. Price was $795, but I'm thinking I could get a little off if I put some effort into it.

So anyone have experience with this model CZ? Seem like a good price for a good gun? Anything to look for that could be an issue?

I've got a 97B...beautiful gun. It's a big of steel but it fits my paws no problem and the ergonomics are great for me. It's definitely a quality piece.

I bought a brand new one for $645 a couple months ago on an impulse. It felt amazing in my hand (have decent size hands) and then I realized I didn't want to get into another caliber to reload so I sold it....

I say buy it. I know if I decide to get a 45 down the road, it certainly would be the 97b.

the 97 series is the finest shooting 45acp i have ever shot. if you're into 45acp, you will dig it. for me it points naturally and quick shots are a breeze. it's pretty fantastic.

I have the 97BD and it's by far my favorite .45. On my way to the range with it right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, yea, you gotta have the 97b. It makes the 75 feel like absolute garbage.

As a matter of fact, why don't you pick up that 97b and Ill take your 75 off your hands Strictly as a favor, you understand.

I've shot tangfolio's and love those. The 75's are good as well. The 97 is the one I want in "the collection". It would be nice to have a 45 cal from them. My CZ550 rifles are some of my favorites, they make great stuff.

Oh great. I've been avoiding thinking about that gun for 3 months now. Super, now it's back in my conciousness. Really, thanks. Do you work for Cz or something?

I wish I worked for them. I've done some sight work for them in the past. I had a dealer in NH that said there was a MA compliant version, then I doubled checked that a few weeks back and was assured there WAS no Xx handguns transferred to MA. Shot that dream down.....

- - - Updated - - -

Xx should be CZ

Back
Top Bottom