Today at Wal-Mart Sturbridge, MA

MassPete

NES Member
I almost asked to see the manager!! What type of ammo is this?? edited at 16:45....

Walmart plans to sell through its current inventory of ammunition, after which it will no longer sell handgun ammunition as well as short-barrel rifle ammunition such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber bullets that can be used to high capacity magazine clips on assault-style guns. The retailer also plans to discontinue handgun sales in Alaska, the last state where the company sold handguns.

Walmart also will no longer allow customers to open carry firearms in all Walmart and Sam's Clubs stores in states where "open carry" is permitted. Only authorized law enforcement officers will be allowed to carry firearms in plain view of others. Customers who have concealed carry permits may continue to bring firearms into Walmart stores, as long as they are concealed.

"There have been multiple incidents since El Paso where individuals attempting to make a statement and test our response have entered our stores carrying weapons in a way that frightened or concerned our associates and customers," McMillon said. "We have also had well intentioned customers acting lawfully that have inadvertently caused a store to be evacuated and local law enforcement to be called to respond. These incidents are concerning and we would like to avoid them."

DF2A0D71-12AB-42F4-BFBC-123BA08A3847.jpeg

Last edited:
At WalMart?? I thought that round was evil? Didn't they ban everything except Shotgun and .22?? Did I miss something?
No, only the lethal calibers (9mm, .38 Special, .223 Rem. etc) are banned from sale. You can buy all the less-than-lethal calibers: .30-06, .308 Win., .30-30, 350 Legend, etc.

I was told no more military caliber ammo sales when I tried to purchase some 55 grain ball for my Savage .223 bolt action rifle. But they still sell 7.62x51 NATO? Isn't that going against their own policy? Sort of confused here!
they don’t sell bulk 556/223 and 762x39 anymore either i don’t think.

Back
Top Bottom