Today was a big day

kurtb

NES Member
I just figured that I would share a major thing that I finally achieved today. I went clay shooting with my trusty Browning O/U and after about 8 years and thousands of dollars in shells - I finally 100 out of 100 targets. Now all I need to do is convince my wife that I should quit my job and go hit the pro circuit! I wonder how much money I can make shooting clay pigeons??[grin]

It was funny - I got so damn cocky that after I shot my final station....I tried to blow off a few clays shooting from the hip (literally). I hit one out of four on that little adventure, but still felt pretty good with my 100. The odd thing is that I have not really been doing clays for a fews months on a serious basis, I just went out today and it was all like magic. It might never happen again, but at least I can go to the grave having said that it was one small thing that I have done that few others have...

Thanks all....

It was funny - I got so damn cocky that after I shot my final station....I tried to blow off a few clays shooting from the hip (literally). I hit one out of four on that little adventure, but still felt pretty good with my 100. The odd thing is that I have not really been doing clays for a fews months on a serious basis, I just went out today and it was all like magic. It might never happen again, but at least I can go to the grave having said that it was one small thing that I have done that few others have...

Thanks all....

Congrats! That is an impressive feat no doubt about it. I've been shooting clays (skeet, sporting and 5 stand mostly) for about 2 years as a weekend warrior. I've managed to rattle off 50 straight in skeet so far, but I definitely know what you mean when you said "It was all like magic". Its hard to explain if you've never experienced it, but when you have, you know its just like you see everything through eagles eyes, and the clays seem to move in slow motion for you. Its a great feeling!

Well done, way to keep your head in the game! There is some money to be made in the calcuttas (sp?) if you are a trap shooter. Sporting clays and skeet not so much. I used to try to bet guns with someone on the sporting clays course if they were talking s**t or telling me how to shoot but nobody ever took me up on it.

Congratulations on the good shooting! It is my understanding that there can be quite a bit of money in trap. In the other clay disciplines probably only if you are one of the top in the nation or world where you would then receive alot in sponsorship etc.

Back
Top Bottom