• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Today was my last day shopping at Four Seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
If OP knows he will be delayed why has he not bothered to get a UPIN?
That's what I was wondering. Sounds like a friend of mine with the same name as some first degree murderer dude and who always gets delayed. I asked him why he doesn't get himself a UPIN if he knows he will always get delayed. He said he can't be bothered. Go figure. [thinking]

Nobody Goes There Anymore, It's Too Crowded - Yogi Berra
Exactly! I would say WAY too crowded. And on Saturdays after the Wilmington Gun Show? Don't even think about it!!! [slap]

Reactions: Lip
I dont shop at FS, and like drgrant stated, you graduate from a store like that. So im not some FS defender, and what im about to say can apply to any single business anywhere.

But what the f*** happened to people. You have a problem with a mans business enough that you came home and wrote a post about it as a buyers beware. Why not talk to the guy? Maybe an oversight was made. Maybe the employee needs training. Maybe its policy and f*** you. But you dont know until you ask, and from my run ins with people, they will usually tell you what they're thinking or if a genuine mistake was made. Carl is always in the back? Sure. Ive also always seen him come out when asked. Gun store employees arent MIT grads. You hear more shit at the counter thats wrong than right. If I was wronged, I would want to speak to the owner.

Some excellent points here. Even gun shops that I have liked, and still like, and still patronize... have had shitty or marginal employees working
in them. That's kind of why I was prying eg policy vs a lazy staffer, etc... because the gap between those two things is enormous. If I had crossed off every gun shop because they had a crappy person working in it, there wouldn't be many shops left to shop at. And I sure as hell wouldn't have been getting those cheap 500 round loaves of XM193 for a great deal up at Rileys back in the day, because there was a time where like everyone but 3 people who worked in that place seemed like they needed a jar of these...

-Mike

I've been on a first name basis with Carl ever since he bought the store from Al and his two sons that sold it after Al died. I believe that was around 1993 or so. Carl has been a class act ever since, and if you bring a problem to his attention, he will go out of his way to rectify it and will never blow you off. In spite of many recommendations for Northeast, I had a problem that I didn't discover until about a year later, so going back to complain was not an option. When he cut a bayo lug off a brand new AR15 upper for me, he damaged/chewed the rubber on the sling swivel. Because I didn't have a lower yet, the upper sat in my safe for about a year. It wasn't until I took the upper out of the safe to attach it to the lower I built that I saw the damaged sling swivel, so I guess the moral of the story is, no one is perfect.

Personally I don't get the bitching and moaning about FS, It is what it is:

- The place is busy at busy times. Cool, how is that their problem?
- They do super high volume and don't expect to have your hand held by the dude behind the counter.
- They are used to have moron-newbs come waste there time fondling every gun in the cabinet before leaving with an M&P shield or an XDS.
-Some of the people that work there don't know shit, some know a lot. I know which ones are which.
- If you are a super-dooper gun guy, you aren't their general demographic. If you are, they generally appreciate it.
- If you know what you want/need you can get in and out of there in no time. If you call ahead even better.

The place is 5-10 minutes away from my work and I have bought PLENTY of stuff from them. I have never had an issue that would require a whiny rant.

Personally I don't get the bitching and moaning about FS, It is what it is:

- The place is busy at busy times. Cool, how is that their problem?
- They do super high volume and don't expect to have your hand held by the dude behind the counter.
- They are used to have moron-newbs come waste there time fondling every gun in the cabinet before leaving with an M&P shield or an XDS.
-Some of the people that work there don't know shit, some know a lot. I know which ones are which.
- If you are a super-dooper gun guy, you aren't their general demographic. If you are, they generally appreciate it.
- If you know what you want/need you can get in and out of there in no time. If you call ahead even better.

The place is 5-10 minutes away from my work and I have bought PLENTY of stuff from them. I have never had an issue that would require a whiny rant.

I know they’re busy. We get it. I didn’t complain about the crowd. It’s the fact that after they have your money. They can’t be bothered to follow up on the delay approval. So I waitied a week for nothing. Yea I’ll live. But to say “oh they don’t contact us anymore. You just gotta wait” it’s total lies lol.

And the cheerleaders in here defending them. Like calling someone to say “delay is over come on in” is a HUGGGGGEE hassle. That’s like ordering something. And the store not calling when it arrives because they’re busy. Lol.

Four seasons is not busy every minute. It comes in waves. And half the idiots in there. Are just with their buddy who’s buying something. Taking up space.

I have no issue with FS. They do, for the most part have the best prices around.

But, mostly out of convenience I have purchased elsewhere recently. FS is simply out of my way.

I have found better or similar prices at the Marlboro gun show and got some decent deals at Cabellas recently.

One thing that I am interested in is their price for the new M&P 2.0 9mm full size. I like the idea of going to FS due to one stop shopping for the APEX trigger job

After reading all the comments it’s time to go buy another firearm at four seasons. I’m not the newbie type or the super duper operator type. I know what I’m looking for if it’s in stock fine if not he will order it and call me when it’s in. If I wanted something yesterday and someone has it I’ll get it elsewhere.

When I was younger I was in the restaurant business talk about not being able to please everyone. Issues can be resolved. If not there is always an alternative place.

so I bought a new Sig legion. I get delayed often so when I got delayed it was no big deal. This was 4/11. The guy says “ok you’re delayed. You can pick it up on 4/18” I said yea, if they don’t call. They always call within an hour or the next day. “No they don’t call anymore. They’re super busy.” Not wanting to argue. I thought to my self ooook that’s weird. This must be the only FFL in MA that doesn’t get called. So he says “no news is good news!” Ok great. See ya. So today rolls around. I go to the store to grab my new purchase. A few clicks on the computer. And he prints a sheet. It’s the background check. I glance down at it. Says “PROCEED” with a decision date of 4/12. Lmfao. Just like I said it would be. The next day.
Now I’m pissed. Because every single other FFL calls me to say it’s ready. Now Carl can’t be bothered with delay calls? Oh sorry for spending 1100 bucks. I’ve probably spent 5-7k there. Sorry my delay call is too much of a hassle. Because you’re busy with someone for an hour who’s on the fence about spending $300 on a Ruger.
Being delayed sucks enough. But now you can’t be bothered to call me? I knew it was weird how they said right off the bat the feds don’t call anymore. That’s BS.
And I know Carl’s justification will be ‘well it’s the dealers discretion. I don’t need to call’. That’s fine. I don’t need to go to your store either. Keep your $700 2nd gen glocks. Good day.

If you knew that the delay is always for one day,
I know they’re busy. We get it. I didn’t complain about the crowd. It’s the fact that after they have your money. They can’t be bothered to follow up on the delay approval. So I waitied a week for nothing. Yea I’ll live. But to say “oh they don’t contact us anymore. You just gotta wait” it’s total lies lol.

And the cheerleaders in here defending them. Like calling someone to say “delay is over come on in” is a HUGGGGGEE hassle. That’s like ordering something. And the store not calling when it arrives because they’re busy. Lol.

Four seasons is not busy every minute. It comes in waves. And half the idiots in there. Are just with their buddy who’s buying something. Taking up space.

If you know that your delays are always for one day as you stated above, you could have called FS the next day to see if the "Proceed" came in.

Sorry, but all of this sounds like a mild-inconvenience and probably some misunderstanding/ignorance from someone working there. Also could have been resolved with a follow up call, if this was so imperative.
Derp at gun-stores goes both ways and it's inevitable to get in the cross-fire or get some splatter. You got your gun so = cool. I am still confused why this all the huffing and puffing. I have way worse stories for FS or other shops, but dont see the need to vent over them. Shit happens. These threads seem to pop up every couple of months, I think the last one got up to 20+ pages and was a total waste of space. F&S is a fine shop, there are other places I wouldn't waste my breath breathing in.

If you knew that the delay is always for one day,

If you know that your delays are always for one day as you stated above, you could have called FS the next day to see if the "Proceed" came in.
Op shouldn't have to call. Also....if you really read his post... It sounds like the clerk "blew him off" with the "nics never calls anymore just come back on the 18th" comment. Op spent over 1000 rockets on the product.......should expect more than a lie and be told to just wait it out. I'd be upset too.

I stopped shopping there four years ago.
My time is worth more than the deli counter treatment to save $75. As I've said before.......I'm not knocking fs that bad really......sounds like he has a niche market for bread and butter carry guns in high volume. That's all good. Personally I'll skip the deli counter and go elsewhere. It's just personal preference.

If you're buying something like a legion you've (probably) graduated beyond FS, probably years ago. I don't even have any problems with the shop, but its quite
obvious that its set up for a specific demographic of buyers.

Yup. I thought FS was the end all be all gun shop when I first got my LTC. I bought my first 5 guns from them and was always treated well but as soon as I realized I could buy guns without waiting in line for an hour, I went elsewhere.

Op shouldn't have to call. Also....if you really read his post... It sounds like the clerk "blew him off" with the "nics never calls anymore just come back on the 18th" comment. Op spent over 1000 rockets on the product.......should expect more than a lie and be told to just wait it out. I'd be upset too.

I read his post, which is how I found out that he knows his delays take only one day. I'm sure that he had the time to call the next day.

As I previously stated, Carl will go out of his way to correct a problem ASAP, even if it's a personnel issue. He can't do that if he doesn't know about it.

I have never been to FS, its an hour north of me, maybe more.

I have used their website for pricing and my local guy AJ's has been very competitive in his pricing....saves me from burning 2 hours worth of diesel fuel.
I had to do a transfer at AJ's great shop

I have never been to FS, its an hour north of me, maybe more.

I have used their website for pricing and my local guy AJ's has been very competitive in his pricing....saves me from burning 2 hours worth of diesel fuel.

I had to do a transfer at AJ's great shop

i see 1jeep is in semass, who is this AJ you folks are talking about???

Like others have said, FS excels at the entry-level demographic, but that's it. There is too much competition out there once you graduate from them.
I won’t shop there. No way.
It's been over two years for me since my last FSGuns purchase, but not for lack of interest or fear of waiting in line. My interest is mostly in older used guns and whenever Carl gets in something really good, it disappears at something approaching the speed of light.

I never had a problem at Four Seasons and have talked to Carl many times, but i go on off times. I deal with local shops now, I can wait a few days to get what I want.

A shop in Achussnet, I see your in the Riv. Have you been to shooting supply in Westport? Prices just as low as FS.

yes i've been to shooting supply, haven't bought any guns , just a few odds and ends as the mrs. clamped down on new purchases for a while after i went to a job in milford one day 2 years ago and came home with a henry .357 from MFS. (more than 2x what i got paid for the job).

shooting supply will be my go-to for a 1911 which i don't have yet. was curious about AJ though, as i haven't heard of them before this. will check it out

Thanx for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom