Toddler dies after pit bull attack in West Haven, CT apartment

Status
Not open for further replies.
So very sad....what a tragedy....

http://www.therepublic.com/mobile/view/story/a99ea3c7800e4b6c97cd9661bad9178b/

I've heard that one dog was tasered on scene and 2 other dogs 'lifeless bodies' were seen carried out of the house shortly after police arrived.

Poor little girl....I pray for her and her family....

Last edited:
NOODLES:2054122 said:
sad news..prayer for the little girl..pit bull should not be allowed in apartments since they are not friendly dogs..

Pit Bulls are very friendly and affectionate towards humans by nature. The ones that aren't are a result of training.

you hear this a lot in a news about pit bull attacks..its happens a lot..

Because they want to portray pitbulls like they are demon dogs that kill anything and everything. Reality is they are really kind, loyal and friendly dogs. Im sure in a given year more people are bitten by golden retrievers yet they never make the news. They should really be putting down the bad owners and not the dogs.

You hear about shootings in the news a lot too, should we outlaw the ownership of firearms?
firearms don't shoot without operator..its a different story..pit bulls attacks is not new and leaving in an apartment,there is always a chance that accident like this happen..

firearms don't shoot without operator..its a different story..pit bulls attacks is not new and leaving in an apartment,there is always a chance that accident like this happen..
'

Forgive me if this comes across as rude because that's not my intention I'm really just wondering, is English not your first language?

Right, but you are using the false argument that it is the same as a gun. It is not.

I wasn't really trying to say that it's the same as a gun, I realize they are greatly different. I was trying to say that his comment was as ignorant as one that an anti gun person might make.

Let's just ban dogs altogether. I mean there's no real reason for one to own a dog. Or lets put a limit on the number of teeth they can have, say around 10.

To make broad generalizations about one breed of dogs is just as ignorant as making broad generalizations about races of people.

Golden retrievers are way more likely to bite than pit bulls, but if a retriever bites it's not news worthy.

This is exactly why people who only get information from the news are ignorant about the world.

Where's Mike Vick. When you need him?

I feel for the girl and her family, such a needless death.

Maybe we should let the chief in each town decide if a potential pitbull owner is suitable?

[hmmm]

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

To make broad generalizations about one breed of dogs is just as ignorant as making broad generalizations about races of people.

Golden retrievers are way more likely to bite than pit bulls, but if a retriever bites it's not news worthy.

This is exactly why people who only get information from the news are ignorant about the world.

Not sure about where this stat comes from, but I can tell you from working for 25 years in hospitals that not all bites are equal.

When pits bite, they tend to hold on and shake. The end result is generally very large chunks of flesh being removed. Not quite the same as a bite from many other breeds.

Pitbull.jpg

Pit bulls are no more vicious than any other breed by nature. Its all about their upbringing and training.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Seems like it is never a black lab or golden retriever or beagle mauling you read about.

Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom