• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Toledo mayor issues executive directive on weapons/ammo purchasing by city

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
From October 30th, but kind of funny. I wonder what hardware the local PD currently is using.
Executive Directive on Weapons and Ammunition Purchasing
Mayor Kapszukiewicz announced the executive directive on weapons and ammunition purchasing in the wake of yet another mass shooting, this time in Pittsburgh where 11 people were gunned down in a Synagogue.
The mayor said the majority of mass shooting gunmen obtained weapons legally. He also noted that many of the gunmen in the past dozen mass shootings in the United States used an AR-15.
Responsible gun companies will be determined through six questions that companies must answer before contracts are established, Mayor Kapszukiewicz said. Those questions are:
1. Do you manufacture assault weapons for civilian use?
2. Do you sell assault weapons for civilian use?
3. Which firearms does your company agree to not sell to civilians?
4. Do you require your dealers to conduct background checks?
5. Does your company have a plan in place to invest in gun and ammunition tracing technologies?
6. Do you use, at a minimum, industry best practices for inventory control and transactions?

Oops he forgot that Ohio state firearm law preempts local laws. He's just harming his officers. This virtue-signalling rectangular rube can sit and spin.

1. Do you manufacture assault weapons for civilian use?

No, we do not manufacture fully automatic weapons for civilian use.

2. Do you sell assault weapons for civilian use?

No, we do not sell fully automatic weapons for civilian use.

3. Which firearms does your company agree to not sell to civilians?

Fully automatic weapons.

No, we do not require our dealers to conduct background checks, Federal Law requires them to do so.

5. Does your company have a plan in place to invest in gun and ammunition tracing technologies?

Yes, our guns all have serial numbers for use in tracing by law enforcement agencies, and our ammo has lot numbers on the boxes so it can be determined when and where it was manufactured.

6. Do you use, at a minimum, industry best practices for inventory control and transactions?

Yes, we have a Bound Book which is used to log all incoming and outgoing firearm transactions.

Brilliant, Zappa!

Only thing I'd change:

Dealers will conduct background checks as required by and in accordance with federal law.

Toledo is a shithole city that has rampant drug use and property crimes related to drug use.

I hate being there for work. Seems like he has more pressing issues but virtue signaling is always easier than real results.

He shouldn't allow the Toledo police force to use these "weapons of war" either. Waiting for that directive.

Those are the dumbest 6 questions I have ever read. It shows proof positive how friggen stupid our leaders/legislators are when it comes to actual gun laws.

Is the Toledo police department and SWAT team going to give up their ARs?

Yep, last time I checked cops were civilians too. Uniformed operations with a military style chain of command, but still civilians. Soooo, no gunz fo dem either.

Back
Top Bottom