• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tombstone Trading Company

http://www.tombstonetrading.com/

I was wondering if anyone has been to this shop. I searched for this one on here, but couldn't find a previous post.

Anyway, I've bought several things from them at shows. And they have always been very nice. Dave, I think is the owner, is really nice. I've spoke to him a few times and he's really helpfull and easy to talk to.

He's who got the Delta Elite. He had it for 800, but during the show, he said that he would sell it for 750. Well, I sent him an e-mail the other day and he said that he would still honor that price.

So, I put down a deposit and he said that he would keep it until next weekend or even at the Springfield show being that I'll be working both days there.

So, I was wondering what the shop is like because I might be going out that way next weekend.

I was there, a few weeks ago, to pick up the M28 that I bought from them on Gunbroker. I was third in line, so I had time to look around, don't think I saw it all though. Largest selection of used handguns I've seen in a gunshop since '98. I think that this might be a place to ask if you're looking for something hard to find.

Yup. Kinda different setup, being above a furniture store. But alot of guns in a very small space - and quite a variety. More pistols than long guns if I remember, with quite a few collectibles and high-value items. The guy there is very helpful and friendly.

Prices seemed generally in line with other MA shops.

I'd recommend a visit when in the area.

I bought a Ruger 10/22 in Stainless for what I think was a very good price. Not new, but certainly LIKE new, except no box or manual. They always seem to have a good selection at shows, and are willing to negotiate. Never been to the shop, but always worth stopping by at shows.

Gary

Gary,

10/22 manual is either downloadable or you can request it (free) from Ruger. I did that many years ago when I bought my 10/22 used.

...I dropped by the shop today.

Based on the recommendations in this thread I dropped by Tomestone trading today. I thought it to be a good shop with a greater number of used firearms then most. I left with a 3” S&W 624 that had a respectable amount of wear.

Over all it’s a nice shop, good service, friendly and although small, it is expanding into the 1st floor. If you haven’t been there before it’s worth looking into. I know I'll be back!

Respectfully,

jkelly

My only experience with them has been at gunshows. They were much friendlier and more willing to deal than most of the other dealers. They are unfortunately a bit far from me for just a casual drive out there. Still, I might just meander out there some day to take a look at the shop.

Gary

+1 for Tombstone trading
The owner, Dave Bourdeau, drove in from home to give me a fair and reasonable offer for a handgun that I wanted to trade. We couldn't do a trade because the gun that I want is not currently available from the distributor and he doesn't want to sell a gun which may take forever to get.
I was refreshing to have a pleasant transaction with no whining about how hard it is to do business in MA. The tradein value of my gun was established before we found that my "hearts desire" is not currently available and did not change one dollar when he wrote out the check (for more than I expected.)

I've bought a few guns from them. It is always a pleasure to go in there. One gun I bought there was a revolver and I took my 10 year old son with me, he was poking through a bunch of old holsters and found an old black police rig. He put it on and thought it was pretty cool. When I asked how much, the owner gave it to my son. I have brought my son there a couple of times since. They always welcome him in the shop and are great to him. This is what I remember gun shops to be and as long as they are in business both myself and my young boy will be customers. Thanks Tombstone

I live fairly close to this store, but have not been in yet. I've talked to them a couple of times at shows, and they seem pretty cool. Service sounds great in the store too.

How do the prices compare to say 4 Seasons, or for those of you in the area: Ware Gun Shop, R&R in Belchertown, or Nick's Sporting Goods in Palmer?

During my gun shop adventures this weekend I stoped in for the first time. Nice big shop and the guy behind the counter was very nice and heplful. The prices on new stuff were higher then the other guys in the area but he had a ton of used stuff at pretty good prices.

I live fairly close to this store, but have not been in yet. I've talked to them a couple of times at shows, and they seem pretty cool. Service sounds great in the store too.

How do the prices compare to say 4 Seasons, or for those of you in the area: Ware Gun Shop, R&R in Belchertown, or Nick's Sporting Goods in Palmer?
Pretty close to the same. I find Ware a bit higher than Nick's and Tombstone though. I need to go to 4-seasons one of these days....[smile]

I guess it depends on what you are buying, Ware is by far the cheapest with new guns as far as I have see so far.

Last edited:
Well I went back to Tombstone lastnight and spent a little more time looking around and talking with the guy there (whos name I can't remember) and I must say that I have found my new "main dealer". I got a new SW9VE and will be going back in a few weeks for a glock if he still has it. Before this weekend price was my main concern but after getting the cold shoulder for the first time at the Ware gun shop I have changed my views. Tombstone is the most helpful and trustworthy shop I have been to yet. And best of all "TONS OF AMMO".

I just got back from Tombstone Trading. I won a Franchi 48al on gunbroker from him for $268. The Shotgun was super clean and a steal at that price.

Dave the owner is a real easy guy to talk to, he threw in a lock and a case. The store is all on the first floor and really clean. When you walk in you kind of wonder is this really a gun store. It's really laid out nice, you don't have to hunt for any thing every thing is right in the open. The size of the place is what gets you first, it's huge compared to most gun stores.

He has a large selection of used handguns and his prices are better than any place I've been in eastern Ma. That includes Four Seasons, Shooters box and Northeast trading.

He also has a larger amount of Shotguns and rifles in stock than any place I've been except Riley's.

Inside the front door He had a huge wooden packing crate full of great looking M44's for $129 with a box of ammo thrown in.

It was really worth the 150 mile round trip.

Last edited:
Great Store, Great service !

I had stopped in to oogle some handguns last week and was very inpressed with this store. You have to walk in past several racks of long guns before you get to the counters where the handguns are.

There is quite a bit of inventory and Dave, the owner has more than a few C&R items and milsurps in stock. One of the racks of long arms is nothin' but .22's.

Yesterday there was a Mossberg .22 military trainer there and If I wasn't there for a pistol I would have brought that one home, or the Ithaca 20ga SXS I found. (Too many guns - not enough cash. [sad] )

I was there yesterday to see if a T/C pistol which caught my eye last time I was in was still in stock. It was. [smile]

After some enjoyably brief negotiations, I was on my way home with a 14" T/C chambered for 30-30.

Range report to follow.

I would reccomend Tombstone Trading as a rather pleasant place to do business with. Great inventory, ammo selection is really good & ammo pricing is competitive with WM. I'd make the trip again in a heartbeat.

It's always a good experience going to Tombstone. They seem to have a little bit of everything there. Be sure to ask Dave how often you should clean your guns! [thinking] They did a real good job on the handgun class and they are helpful and professional every time I'm in the store, even if it's just to buy a box of .22.

I drove out to Tombstone Trading Co. yesterday, for the first time. Despite the long drive and heavy traffic, it was well worth it. It is a great store with a really good selection of used guns at very fair prices.

I made the trip with a specific handgun in mind, but ended up buying my "holy grail" gun for nice money. For several years, I have been looking for an Ithaca model 37 Featherlight, in 16 gauge. In the store, right near the end was the exact gun, in excellent condition. I even bought all of his 16 gauge ammo to boot.

I'm just glad they aren't closer to me, otherwise, I would be in deep trouble. I only saw 6 or 7 more guns I had to have!

Any visit to Tombstone Trading Company is highly recommended.

Bill

I had the opportunity (pleasure actually) of visiting Tombstone Trading this afternoon and came away thoroughly impressed with the store and the people who work there. David Bourdeau has one of the nicest gun stores I have ever been in, well decorated, neat, and a whole lot of nice firearms and supplies on display. He and the other employee (who's name I forget to get) were very pleasant to deal with. My son Wyatt was with me and as usual started asking numerous questions. Both David and the other gentleman took their time to talk to him on an adult level and were extremely engaging and educated him on a number of things he asked about.

I didn't buy anything tonight but i have a feeling that I will be back there in the future. I highly recommend that anyone traveling near Brookfield stop in and say hi. You won't regret it.

Another satisfied Tombstone customer...

My wife and I took their NRA LTC course. One day for ten hours, and it was very informative and entertaining (LOTS of fun!). My wife went to the class "for me" and ended up talking about guns for two weeks afterwards! [smile] She really enjoyed the 1 1/2 hour live firing portion at the end.

Got our LTC 5 weeks later and within days we were up at their store. Walked in and to the right was the $59 bargain rack with a half dozen .22 rifles. Whole wall full of ammo and a bunch of racks of long guns. Lots of customers roaming around.

My wife was at the counter choosing a revolver for herself and I listened for a while from the rifle racks. The guy (Art, I believe) was VERY, VERY nice to her and explained pros and cons to her. She felt very comfortable and not talked down to. (She always thought of guns as a "guy thing" but was surprised to see a lot of women in the store that day shopping for themselves.) We walked out with two armloads of stuff as well as some generous freebies and a nice discount on her gun.

Also, ammo prices are excellent. Most are within a dollar or two of Cheaper than Dirt per box. Gun prices were also very good and I didn't have any instances of sticker shock.

Dave, the owner and a very nice guy, was also there and talked with us for a while too. Overall, it was a great place to poke around. No pressure, no stares, and lots of friendly help. They deserve all the good reputation and success they have.

+1 on Tombstone.

Won one of his no-reserve Gun Broker auctions a couple of weeks ago. This was probably my third time in the store and Dave (and another worker) were very friendly and good to deal with. Store had 6-10 people in it before 12:20 and it opened at 12.

He will be in Marlboro again.

+1 as well.
Stopped in on Saturday to browse, saw a nice selection of used firearms, and a decent supply of ammo on the racks. Walked out w/ a 500ct bag of Wolf .223, and a few boxes of 7.62x39 for less than the usual price at the Dick's. Nice people behind the counter too.....

Man with all you guys going there now I am going to have to go buy the rest of their commie ammo before it is gone.[smile]

They just got something like 6 or 7 new AR15 rifles I might have to look at them too.

Man with all you guys going there now I am going to have to go buy the rest of their commie ammo before it is gone.[smile]

They just got something like 6 or 7 new AR15 rifles I might have to look at them too.

I believe they were all Bushmasters. Very nice.

I especially like how all the long guns are in the open and free to touch and feel without bothering the sales guys. A lot more user friendly than some other shops.

+1 for Tombstone.

I love Tombstone! They were at the Marlboro gun show and out of all the dealers there I bought my S&W 1911 from them.....they are only 15 mins up the street from where I live but I drove more than a hour to buy my new gun.

One thing that I really appreciate is that they don't look at me like I have three heads and thet are very respectful. They never treat me like im "just a girl" and that is awesome considering that how I have been treated elsewhere.

Went to Tombstone tonight. +1 on all positive feedback. The store is great, nice guy behind the counter so a lot of nice guns. Had an HK P7 in my hand for $1400 but I thought the wife would de-brain me, it being the Holidays. Put in an order for some special ammo and picked up some Sabre OC that everyones been talking about. I was talking to the guy behind the counter about seeing if they would buy my Mossberg 500 12 guage and this customer came up to me and said I'll buy it. We exchanged numbers and I think I have a sale. All in all one of the nicest gun shop experiences I've had in a long time.

Back
Top Bottom