Tombstone Trading Company

Went to Tombstone tonight. +1 on all positive feedback. The store is great, nice guy behind the counter so a lot of nice guns. Had an HK P7 in my hand for $1400 but I thought the wife would de-brain me, it being the Holidays. Put in an order for some special ammo and picked up some Sabre OC that everyones been talking about. I was talking to the guy behind the counter about seeing if they would buy my Mossberg 500 12 guage and this customer came up to me and said I'll buy it. We exchanged numbers and I think I have a sale. All in all one of the nicest gun shop experiences I've had in a long time.

Which P7? What model specifically?

Which P7? What model specifically?
I don't know if I should tell you cause I am feeling the itch. [wink]
Just kidding they had 2 HK P7 M8's. One was $1400 w/ night sights that didn't glow anymore and the other I belive was $1300 and had factory original sights. I am not a P7 expert but they both looked in pretty good shape. Again, if I had the coin it would be w/ the collection right now.

Nice guys to deal with. Let me set it up:

I bought a nice used S&W 22 from Tombstone at the Oct. WestSpringfield gun show. Now do to work and health I didn't get to shoot the gun untill Feb. (ya ya, I know) . Well I put a few mags through it and the back of the wooden grip broke off, I looked it over and didn't see why it had happened. I put another mag in and got 3 shoots off and then no fire. I looked it over again and found that the frame had broken and was pushing the side up so it wouldn't close. I was really upset that this happened as this was a nice 22 and a real sweet shooter (for 20 or so rounds [smile] ) .

Well I was going to go to S&W with it when my wife said call Tombstone to see if they will do anything for you. Now remember I bought this at a gun show used many months ago. I called them and told them what happened and they said "ya just bring the gun to us and we will give you your money back". Need less to say I was in shock, you think something bought at a gun show your stuck. But I wasn't, I took a ride over on a Saturday and showed them the gun and they said OK here's your money. Well I still wanted another gun and they had a deal on a new Ruger 22/45 so I ended up buying that gun from them and they also bought the extra mags (for the S&W) from me that I had bought from someone else.

So the long and short of this is the Folks over at Tombstone Trading Company are nice folks, good to deal with and stand behind what they sell. I will buy from them again and recomend them to youa'll also.

David

EDIT: boy that didn't take long to move :) , I looked back about 5 miniutes later (I posted about 3 AM) and it was moved from where I posted it :) , it doe's fit better here.

Last edited:
I have been into tombstone many times and me and my brother bought several guns from him. He is always great to do business with.

Had to go to Hardwick today so on the way back I took a left at Rt 9 and went to Brookfield to see what Tombstone had in stock as far as ammo.

Well, they had a pretty good choice (much more than I have seen in other local stores) just not huge quantities, but something in just about every caliber you could want. Prices were up there with everyone else.

For $92 I got 200 rounds of CCI Stingers (left one box on the shelf), 100 rounds of Winchester Q3131 5.56mm (head-stamp was 88), and 20 rounds of Brown Bear 7.62x54R for my son's Mosin.

I find myself trying to pick up a little bit of something almost every time I go to a shop these days. Seems to hurt less that way.

+1
Tombstone and the guys there are terrific. Stopped in Sat after hitting R&R combing the shops for a 410. Ended up talking about auctions sites and doing a transfer. At the store or at shows, they're always comfortable to deal with. Prices are right in line and sometimes a deal can be found. Seems they're always busy actually selling at the shows. Great place to do business.

I bought a new SW1911 from them. Great folks to deal with and huge selection of hard to find in MA hand guns, which makes me happy.

I have to add to this,,, great folks, I have seen them at a few shows, great inventory, At the last Fitchburg show i tried to buy a 10/22 from them but was told by one of the staff i could not buy it without transfering it through a NH dealer,,, I was under the impression i could buy a long gun in any state from an ffl,is Ma. different? i know u have some "different" rules and regs down there. If Ma. rules are different, good for tombstone for being on top of things, sux i couldnt get it, but i wish trouble on nobody. JT

I have to add to this,,, great folks, I have seen them at a few shows, great inventory, At the last Fitchburg show i tried to buy a 10/22 from them but was told by one of the staff i could not buy it without transfering it through a NH dealer,,, I was under the impression i could buy a long gun in any state from an ffl,is Ma. different? i know u have some "different" rules and regs down there. If Ma. rules are different, good for tombstone for being on top of things, sux i couldnt get it, but i wish trouble on nobody. JT

If you're not an MA resident you can't legally take possession of a rifle/shotgun inside the state. So the dealer would have to transfer it out to you via an FFL in NH (or some other free state).

Nonresidents coming to MA gun shows is mostly a waste of time for them, as they can't normally buy guns or ammo in MA, even with a nonresident LTC. They can buy stuff but they'd have to have it transferred out via a non MA FFL.

-Mike

Bought my first firearm today, went to Tombstone with a family member and we were treated just fine. I am totally a noob, and they were patient and helpful and let me man-handle a bunch of pistols so I could decide what I wanted (went in intending to get a Ruger 22/45, ended up with a vanilla Ruger Mk3 Target).

I live spitting distance away, so I'll definitely be back.

Bought a 1903 there this weekend and when i got home i realized it would not chamber a round. I took it back today and the service was great. I had the rifle back the same day, the work was done by a very competent smith who specializes in military firearms. Second rifle i have bought there and i will continue to give them my business. I was treated very well there.

Bought my first shotgun and a handgun from tombstone. The owner actually talked me out of a more expensive shotgun because he believed it was what suited me best... he ended up being right. I later bought an ar15 from him and will continue to buy there, great shop and great service. It doesn't get much better than this.

Store Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 12pm - 7pm and Saturday 10am - 4pm

Usually a good selection. Always great to do business with. I have traded there a couple times and think they are always fair with trade values.

Be aware that they work all the gun shows. Therefore, don't expect them to be open on a Fri/Sat when a gun show is in the area (like this weekend)!

Best to call first unless you are within a few miles of the shop.

I live about 5min from this place, usually drop by every week or two to see what they've got.

Their stock seems to run more towards the eclectic than, say, Four Seasons. It's also mostly used firearms. Sometimes, their prices on new stuff runs a bit high, and their ammo (if they even have ANY) and AR's are still at Barryscare '13 pricing. But they're polite, helpful, and there's always something to look at.

Havent purchased a firearm here yet, but I'd recommend them if you're out in this area *plucks banjo*

I live a town over from Tombstone Trading. David has a good reputation, especially with older (eclectic was correct) firearms. I found a Remington rifle the same as I had when I was kid some 40 years ago....

Yes, the ammo supply and pricing could be more attractive, but I have no idea how distribution works in that end of the biz.

They have decent shop hours for us with regular jobs, as the closest other really good firearms shop is some 25 minutes further west in Palmer. There is a much smaller merchant one town over.

My wife likes stopping in to TT to watch for an elusive older Mark 11 she wants to get, and the friendly and helpful owner and staff is a big thing in her book.

Not a "full range of all models on-hand" shop, but Dave got 4 new Ruger SR1911s in last week. 2 full size and 2 4.25" barrels at a great price for a place in our part of the state. I like Four Seasons too, but i don't get to go to metro Boston on anywhere near a regular basis. Wife and I did do 2 trips to FS last month for separate pistol purchases - one planned and one good buy on the used counter.

While at Tombstone Monday, I lay-a-wayed one of the a 5" SR1911's to pickup after the holiday weekend. Just this locals perspective......

great service; always wanted and american derringer for cool factor and backup. they had a lightweight 45 colt, which i bought: the gun was defective; would only shoot 1 barrel. took it back and exchanged it for another one in 44 mag, no questions asked. can shoot 44 specials and light loads; no desire for full house factory ammo, to many bad reports [check youtube: 44 mag derringer]. since this is ma. could only find one in this cal.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
Bumping this thread because it is the one that gets returned on a Google search of Tombstone Trading.

They’re shady and run by a sleazy guy:

Back
Top Bottom