• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Too dangerous - sell your guns now!

I stole these quotes from a book called

Everything You Need to Know About Guns in the Home by Jennifer Croft.

"Guns in the home are more common than you might think. Almost 40 percent of households in the United States contain a gun. This means that almost half of the families in your neighborhood may have guns in their homes. An even more frightening statistic is that 30 percent of families with children keep loaded guns in the home."

""My dad keeps his hunting rifle in our house," says fourteen-year-old Fiona. "He only takes it out two or three times a year, during hunting season. Still,
it scares me even to see it inside the glass case. And it really scares me when he takes it out to clean it."

"Having a gun around for "protection" doesn't really make sense, when the reality is that a gun in the home is more likely to kill or injure a family member or friend than an intruder. And any weapon used against an intruder can also be turned against oneself—especially if the intruder is stronger or more used to handling guns than the victim. We will see later in this book how having a gun in the home introduces many new dangers that outweigh the benefits of keeping a gun in the house for self-defense."

"People may also own guns for recreational purposes. They may enjoy hunting or target shooting, for example. But these kinds of guns can be dangerous to people too."

"There are safer ways to keep and use guns, but as long as a gun is in the home, it is never 100 percent safe."

" A gun, even when given as a gift, is still a dangerous weapon."

" If your parents keep a gun at home, talk to them about their reasons for doing so. If it is for safety reasons, discuss whether the benefits of keeping a gun in the house outweigh the risks that it presents. Talk to your parents about other ways to increase the safety of your household without having a gun—such as installing an alarm system or better locks, or starting a neighborhood watch program."

" If your parents own a gun to use for recreational purposes, such as hunting, discuss whether the risks are worth it. Couldn't they borrow or rent a gun when they participate in that activity, for example? There may be other options besides having the gun in your house."

" To keep yourself safe, you can also ask your friends and their parents whether they have guns at home. Steer clear of risky situations by avoiding those homes where guns are present. "

" To keep yourself safe, you can also ask your friends and their parents whether they have guns at home. Steer clear of risky situations by avoiding those homes where guns are present."

"If you, your parents, or someone you know wants to get rid of a gun, there are programs that can help. Many cities have programs to take guns back without asking questions. Call your local police department or sheriff's office and ask if they take unwanted guns or if they sponsor a gun buy-back program. Often the police or sheriff will send an officer to your home to pick up the gun."

----------

So there you have it folks. Guns are FAR too dangerous to have in your house. Call up your local police department and hand them over to the nice men in uniform.

Typical anti tripe. I bet the author is on HCI, Brady, or even AGS's
payroll somehow. They will all gladly pay someone to write a book to
spread lies and disinformation if it furthers their conciously anti-american
agenda.

-Mike

I stole these quotes from a book called

Everything You Need to Know About Guns in the Home by Jennifer Croft.

"Guns in the home are more common than you might think. Almost 40 percent of households in the United States contain a gun. This means that almost half of the families in your neighborhood may have guns in their homes. An even more frightening statistic is that 30 percent of families with children keep loaded guns in the home."

""My dad keeps his hunting rifle in our house," says fourteen-year-old Fiona. "He only takes it out two or three times a year, during hunting season. Still,
it scares me even to see it inside the glass case. And it really scares me when he takes it out to clean it."

"Having a gun around for "protection" doesn't really make sense, when the reality is that a gun in the home is more likely to kill or injure a family member or friend than an intruder. And any weapon used against an intruder can also be turned against oneself—especially if the intruder is stronger or more used to handling guns than the victim. We will see later in this book how having a gun in the home introduces many new dangers that outweigh the benefits of keeping a gun in the house for self-defense."

"People may also own guns for recreational purposes. They may enjoy hunting or target shooting, for example. But these kinds of guns can be dangerous to people too."

"There are safer ways to keep and use guns, but as long as a gun is in the home, it is never 100 percent safe."

" If your parents keep a gun at home, talk to them about their reasons for doing so. If it is for safety reasons, discuss whether the benefits of keeping a gun in the house outweigh the risks that it presents. Talk to your parents about other ways to increase the safety of your household without having a gun—such as installing an alarm system or better locks, or starting a neighborhood watch program."

" If your parents own a gun to use for recreational purposes, such as hunting, discuss whether the risks are worth it. Couldn't they borrow or rent a gun when they participate in that activity, for example? There may be other options besides having the gun in your house."

" To keep yourself safe, you can also ask your friends and their parents whether they have guns at home. Steer clear of risky situations by avoiding those homes where guns are present. "

" To keep yourself safe, you can also ask your friends and their parents whether they have guns at home. Steer clear of risky situations by avoiding those homes where guns are present."

"If you, your parents, or someone you know wants to get rid of a gun, there are programs that can help. Many cities have programs to take guns back without asking questions. Call your local police department or sheriff's office and ask if they take unwanted guns or if they sponsor a gun buy-back program. Often the police or sheriff will send an officer to your home to pick up the gun."

----------

So there you have it folks. Guns are FAR too dangerous to have in your house. Call up your local police department and hand them over to the nice men in uniform.
[rofl] [laugh2] [rolleyes]

Seriously, I'd like to smash Ms. Croft's skull with a "safe" item like a 2X4.

And dear Jenny, intruders can't turn my gun against me when they are lifeless on the floor. Dumb bitch.

[rofl] [laugh2] [rolleyes]

Seriously, I'd like to smash Ms. Croft's skull with a "safe" item like a 2X4.

And dear Jenny, intruders can't turn my gun against me when they are lifeless on the floor. Dumb bitch.

Yep, have to agree with Jose here.

also got a kick out of this line:

I though they became safe weapons when you gave for Christmas? [laugh]

I just looked her up on amazon and here is some more of her fine work...

-Drugs and the Legalization Debate
-Everything You Need to Know about Staying Safe in Cyberspace
-PCP, High Risk on the Streets
-Exploring Careers in Midwifery

You would almost think I was joking..

Gun: Weapon or tool?

A gun is only a dangerous weapon in the hands of someone intending to do bad things with it. To someone that uses it for Hunting ot Target Sports, it is one of the tools of the game, just like a baseball bat is for a baseball player.

My 2 cents

Exactly !

A gun is only a dangerous weapon in the hands of someone intending to do bad things with it. To someone that uses it for Hunting ot Target Sports, it is one of the tools of the game, just like a baseball bat is for a baseball player.

My 2 cents

+1 What he said !

Ya know, with the quotes given almost all start with "your parents", it makes me wonder if their goal is to get this on the reading lists in schools?! Sure scare them when their young and impresionable.

my $.02,
Chuck

Ya know, with the quotes given almost all start with "your parents", it makes me wonder if their goal is to get this on the reading lists in schools?! Sure scare them when their young and impresionable.

my $.02,
Chuck

I was thinking the same thing. The good thing is my 4 yo daughter is already being indoctrinated by me. She wants a pink princess rifle [smile], and last night she actually decapped 30 cases of 223 Remington for me. [smile] [smile] [smile] .

Greg and I were at his friends' house in Berwick last night. The father was telling us the boys had been out in the backyard (think acres of woods, nice huntable land) with 'all of their guns' [smile] Nine, twelve, sixteen and dad. They were chuckling about the twelve year old being afraid of the shotgun. I thought to myself 'can you imagine a conversation like this in MA?'. Yea, I know, amongst us there are plenty of said conversations, but up there, it's perfectly normal for your kids to grab their guns (they know how to use them!) and go out plinking in the backyard. They grow up with guns, learn the rules early - hell, they have to import crime from Massachusetts [devil]

OK, I'll be good now [wink]

My 2 cents

Partly true... they have been known to cause lead poisoning in certain populations, like would be home intruders/rapists/murderers.

I'm surprised she hasn'r authored titles like:
Cars: Why you should avoid these Death Traps
Sports: Is playing really worth the risk?
Breathing: avoid it at all costs, it will only introduce harmful substances into your body

I'm surprised she hasn'r authored titles like:
*snip*
Sports: Is playing really worth the risk?

You'd be surprised. :)

"Children at the Willett Elementary School in Attleboro are not allowed to play tag, touch football or any games involving contact during recess.

Prinicpal Gaylene Heppe cited the safety risks and the school's liability in case of injury as reasons for the recess ban."

http://cbs4boston.com/local/local_story_290105157.html\

Only in Massachusetts. [crying]

I'm fairly certain that this has been revoked after parents threw a fit though.

Stronger in what sense? I'm figuring if I hit the intruder center mass it really won't matter how much he can bench press....I mean, I know bullets aren't very heavy but when its coming at you at slightly less than muzzle velocity, and I mean slightly as it would be extreme close quarters, I think he's going down.

And if the intruder is more used to handling guns than I am you can thank 'gun control' for that.

I think when I have kids, I'll teach them to RUN, not walk, away from houses that DO NOT have guns, saying that they don't feel safe in homes that are unarmed.

Back
Top Bottom