• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

took my UZI 9mm out the other day

Were you wearing safety contacts?

[rofl][rofl]

no, I was not. I wear them all the time at work while on the range...... safety, safety, safety and that is what our industry preaches and I understand why. However, sometimes when I am on my own its just nice to shoot the way you would be shooting in real life anyways. Well, granted I probably wouldn't be shooting a 32rd burst from the hip from my Uzi but what the heck.... I can pretend right. [rofl]

Its funny, when I posted these videos last night on this site and Uzitalk.com (awesome site BTW) I said to myself, "watch, someone will probably call me out for not wearing safety glasses." [smile] sure enough both sites did. [smile] ha ha....

but yes I probably should have been wearing safety glasses. [smile]

Last edited:
Blah, Blah, Blah...Safety Nazis...

[rofl][rofl]

no, I was not. I wear them all the time at work while on the range...... safety, safety, safety and that is what our industry preaches and I understand why. However, sometimes when I am on my own its just nice to shoot the way you would be shooting in real life anyways.

Its funny, when I posted these videos last night on this site and Uzitalk.com (awesome site BTW) I said to myself, "watch, someone will probably call me out for not wearing safety glasses." [smile] sure enough both sites did. [smile] ha ha....

but yes I probably should have been wearing safety glasses. [smile]

I'm surprised no one here called you out on whether you had pre-ban magazines, or had proper license to own a SMG in Massachusetts....[thinking]

Truth is Rob, it's all about choices and I myself have been lax on safety glasses from time to time.... In one instance, I switched to a new range bag and left my glasses in the clip case on my old range bag. Did I pack up and go home? Hell no... I also forget to buckle my seat belt as well from time to time...Chit happens. All I noticed was a person clearly enjoying one of the finest classic submachine guns in the world, while the safety nazis were fixed on whether you had safety glasses on and proper trigger discipline...

UziTalk is an awesome site - haven't posted there in a while and need to get back. I have an awesome reproduction IDF padded sling I got on there for my IMI SA that was made by a parachute rigger on there. It's an amazing sling. If you're looking for mags, I have some kickass sources...

Congrats on your new gun - it's nice to see. [cheers]

BTW - is that a Vector? Is it RR or RB?

I'm surprised no one here called you out on whether you had pre-ban magazines, or had proper license to own a SMG in Massachusetts....

Truth is Rob, it's all about choices and I myself have been lax on safety glasses from time to time.... In one instance, I switched to a new range bag and left my glasses in the clip case on my old range bag. Did I pack up and go home? Hell no... I also forget to buckle my seat belt as well from time to time...Chit happens. All I noticed was a person clearly enjoying one of the finest classic submachine guns in the world, while the safety nazis were fixed on whether you had safety glasses on and proper trigger discipline...

UziTalk is an awesome site - haven't posted there in a while and need to get back. I have an awesome reproduction IDF padded sling I got on there for my IMI SA that was made by a parachute rigger on there. It's an amazing sling. If you're looking for mags, I have some kickass sources...

Congrats on your new gun - it's nice to see.

BTW - is that a Vector? Is it RR or RB?

ha ha... thanks MassMark.

I have had this Uzi for about 2 years or so. Its an IMI model A 9mm registered receiver submachine gun. I bought it from a class 3 dealer and its probably one of my favorite full autos. I love my M16, AC556 and MAC10 too but the Uzi is just a fun gun to play with.

see the thing is, I live on the range at work and in the spring I am out qualling my guys with dayquals, in the summer I am on the range qualling them with tactical and now in the fall we are blasting through night quals and plus I work part time as a Police Officer so I qual with those guys too. So to me sometimes its just nice to go out on my own and just blast and put aside all the technique and tactical stuff and just play with the "tacticool" stuff you know. [smile]
I spend so much time talking about stance, sight alignment, SUL (great low ready technique), trigger control, safety and all that stuff I guess thats why I got into full auto 4 or 5 years back. It just became fun again you know and I did not have to teach or treat it like being at work. I can just grab some machine guns and go out and blast and have fun. Of course, safely and especially with the incident at Westfield last year (dont want to get into that conversation as its been beat to death and we all feel the same pretty much about what happened I am sure) the places us NFA guys can go is limited. But again, full auto to me is just fun and makes shooting enjoyable again and I only hope it is not a dying hobbie in MA. I guess we will see.

but yeah its fun. To answer your other question, I still enjoy shooting semi auto too. I dont take the MGs out much other than a couple times a year at some local shoots. I just took the Uzi out the other day just to blast through a few mags because I got the itch since I was on vacation. I was at Smith & Wesson 2 weeks ago for Patrol Rifle Instructor recert and I had a blast. Good times. Of course as you guys all know, when can you go to the range and have a bad time right?

Rob

Last edited:
Trench coat.... ???? [rofl]

thats a classic, one of a kind safari jacket. The preferred jacket of the 70s and 80s. ha ha..... my Wife still wants to burn that jacket. [smile]

I have full autos in larger and smaller calibers but the 9mms get shot the most. Ammo is still comparatively cheap to buy or load. The .22s are cheaper to shoot but a pain to load.

Back
Top Bottom