• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Took the M16 out yesterday

Well,

I took the M16 out yesterday and ran a few mags through it. I am using the new Pmags by magpul and they work slick as hell. We have our Officers at work use them too for their rifles and they are good to go.

I tested both uppers out on it. My 20inch barrel and then the 10inch with the degroat flash enhancer on it. You cant see much flash out of it because the day was so sunny and bright.

My buddy was shooting his 16 after me and his is a piston gun. ROF is a little slower but his ran good too.

good times on a Saturday afternoon.

Rob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCb9Hkj4Kcc

Well,

I took the M16 out yesterday and ran a few mags through it. I am using the new Pmags by magpul and they work slick as hell. We have our Officers at work use them too for their rifles and they are good to go.

I tested both uppers out on it. My 20inch barrel and then the 10inch with the degroat flash enhancer on it. You cant see much flash out of it because the day was so sunny and bright.

My buddy was shooting his 16 after me and his is a piston gun. ROF is a little slower but his ran good too.

Rob

Nice range. I was there after lunch. How did I miss you?

Magpul has some new PMags out? Any idea what the changes are from the last one?

well not sure how new they are as I know they have been around for a little while. But these ones have the little windows in the sides. Decent mags for sure.

That flash enhnacer is BRUTAL. I shot a shorty upper with one and your sinuses are instantly cleared out. Muffs and plugs combined are recommended IMO.

ha ha..... yeah its pretty brutal alright. You get used to it though. It feels like a hot industrial fan going off in your face. When the right ammo is used (Wolf works best) on a dark day the freaking flame is like the size of a toyota prius. [smile]

A flash ENHANCER?

Hey Scriv. How is it going? Yeah flash enhancer. It has absolutely 0% tactical purpose. It creates a big flame and basically all its good for is show. Tacticool I guess you could say. :) You could not see it much though because it was a bright day out and I was not using Wolf ammo. Wolf ammo shows up real nice with that thing because they dont use any flame retardent in their ammo. The Winchester ammo.... not so much.

Rob

Last edited:
Yeah flash enhancer. It has absolutely 0% tactical purpose. It creates a big flame and basically all its good for is show.

MORE flash, MORE noise and MORE blowback? That's not "0% tactical purpose;" it's antithetical to any tactical purpose.

I believe the technical term is "ballistic masturbation."

Well,

Rob

I think you need a license to have that much fun, Rob. [smile]

I liked the drum mag Uzi video, too.

well that is another thing the Degroat does othe than enhance the flame. It makes the thing twice as freakin abnoxiously loud.

Rob

That flash enhnacer is BRUTAL. I shot a shorty upper with one and your sinuses are instantly cleared out. Muffs and plugs combined are recommended IMO.

You might try some foam plugs in your nose?
[laugh]

I am jealous, and I want one too [crying]

Back
Top Bottom