• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Took the SKSs out to play

40 caliber

NES Member
i wish i had a gun room to display my stuff.. I took out all the SKSs and laid them out on the floor and figured since i was there i would take a couple pictures. The collection was twice this a number a years ago. i got a hair across my a** with an Alby SKS giving me trouble and sold them all for a 1/4 they are worth today [banghead]

I thought i would share........

2FDBD643-0C62-454A-A323-0E541053CCD6.jpeg

Pardon the SVT, it snuck in the pic. i will do my best to list what they are in order but may get a couple off.
1.1954 original not refurbished Izvesk
2. 1952 original not refurbished Tula
3. 1953 Izveshk. refurbished with black bolt and original box from the gun distributor. my only black bolt but it's a 53 izzy, the rarest of the standard russians.
4. 1954 Izveshk Refurb with a 1954 Tula stock numbered to match the rest of the gun. thus a matching " izzytula"
5. My other 1953 Izveshk (did i say these were rare?) refurb gun with laminate stock but white bolt
6. 1950 Refurbished Tula.. my favorite shooter.
7. 1949 Tula, the first year of the russian SKS. refurbed but a nice example. depot stock repair on the side.
8. 1954 original not refurbished Tula, a very nice piece i picked up on gunbroker years ago with a $450 buy now.. it was cheap even then
9. My pride and joy- 1955 Tula original non refurbished Tula no date. This gun looks like it's never ever been fired. it's that clean and it may not have been.. it is as issued

31CA41C6-7FD2-4E79-8B26-AF6796758A3C.jpeg

1. 59/66 SKS Documented from the importer (SAMCO) as New when i bought it. never fired it and it looks like it came of the factory line
2. 59/66 Cherry's import Yugo SKS- just sold this one Cherry's had the best guns.
3. 59 Yugo.. the model before the grenade launcher. a nice piece in VGC.. my only M59
4. 1958 Romanian SKS - my only romy. 100% bright bluing. not the best bore.
5. My only Chinese SKS. it's a mutt, it's got paint on it. condition is not the best... it would probably be worth $300 at best....... EXCEPT! it is a documented Bring back from Viet nam and i have the paperwork. it was in the cleaning kit in the butt stock... go figure... [rockon]

IMG_3572.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom