• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tough Mudder anyone???

TheWookie

Banned
I just created team (sexy mudda muckers) and signed up for tough mudder race on mt Snow VT in May 2011. Looking to see if anyone from here does the mudder?? This one is 8 miles running up and down Mt snow (lots of vertical climbing) with obstacles to clear like carrying log up expert trail, crossing river on ropes, 60 ft of monkey bars, climb walls, ice, barbed wire, swim under barrels in freezing water from mountain snow run off and stuff like that.... I can't wait.

Check out FB page and YouTube video - http://toughmudder.com/
contact me if you want to join in, I have 5 people so far but we can make the team bigger if we need to.

Anyone going up to Mt. Snow in May? It's gonna be fun.

Get motivated with this.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I read something about it on another Forum, I didn't realize they were doing one in VT. I'd love to try it out, what are the dates in May?

A couple of my friends signed up for this one. I didn't, thinking I wasn't going to be around for it. I checked the website the other day, they appear to not have any spots left for Saturday.

ETA: Looks like I'll be doing it after all.

Last edited:
I just created team (sexy mudda muckers) and signed up for tough mudder race on mt Snow VT in May 2011. Looking to see if anyone from here does the mudder?? This one is 8 miles running up and down Mt snow (lots of vertical climbing) with obstacles to clear like carrying log up expert trail, crossing river on ropes, 60 ft of monkey bars, climb walls, ice, barbed wire, swim under barrels in freezing water from mountain snow run off and stuff like that.... I can't wait.

Check out FB page and YouTube video - http://toughmudder.com/
contact me if you want to join in, I have 5 people so far but we can make the team bigger if we need to.

i was thinking about doing it in VT, but just can't make that weekend. i've been following it for a while though and a month or so ago they upped VT from 8 miles to 10

http://toughmudder.com/events/new-england/mount-snow-course-map-2011/

Yep. I'm in!

I've already got a team (The Muckin' Fudders) otherwise I'd hook up with you guys ... We're running Saturday at 1030 am.

Should be a great time ... I did the Spartan Race and Warrior Dash last Summer, which were a blast, but this one is loooking to be trip-quadruple the challenge, especially since they just tacked on an additional two miles, taking the total distance up to 10 ... I'm guessing with some of the other mud runs adding longer and longer courses, TM felt they had to increase the challenge to retain top dog position.

If you can't make this one, don't forget Warrior Dash is going to be in June in Amesbury, MA and Spartan Race is in August at the same location ... not as challenging races, but both are a blast too.

Yep. I'm in!

I've already got a team (The Muckin' Fudders) otherwise I'd hook up with you guys ... We're running Saturday at 1030 am.

Should be a great time ... I did the Spartan Race and Warrior Dash last Summer, which were a blast, but this one is loooking to be trip-quadruple the challenge, especially since they just tacked on an additional two miles, taking the total distance up to 10 ... I'm guessing with some of the other mud runs adding longer and longer courses, TM felt they had to increase the challenge to retain top dog position.

If you can't make this one, don't forget Warrior Dash is going to be in June in Amesbury, MA and Spartan Race is in August at the same location ... not as challenging races, but both are a blast too.

I'm on a team as well (I Need A Beer). We're running Sunday at 1100. And thanks for the heads up on the other races, I'll have to check those out.

I will also be there on Saturday as part of a decent sized team. I'll also plan on signing up for some of the nearby races mentioned earlier in this thread to keep in shape.

Goal #1 : Don't get hurt.

Goal #2: Finish

Goal #3: Finish without puking. (Stretch goal)

Back
Top Bottom