Toy gun prank draws serious police response

kingfisher

NES Member
It's probably a good idea to be aware that there are idiots like this out there:

HAMPTON — An armed robbery-in-progress reported Wednesday night at Dunkin' Donuts turned out to be a prank — one that could have cost a young man wearing body armor and waving a black firearm inside the store his life.

Police swarmed the 369 Lafayette Road doughnut shop after receiving a call from a person at Cityland Farms Convenience Store next door at 8:43 p.m. The caller reported two men entered the shop and one of them was "wearing body armor and a black mask." The same man, witnesses said, was waving what looked to be a "black pistol around in Dunkin' Donuts."

Michael Castro, 20, of Hyde Park Avenue, Jamaica Plain, Mass., faces violation-level disorderly conduct and misdemeanor reckless conduct charges...

And what is that on his neck, a tattoo of something?

link to full article

Probably friends with this guy....

lifejacketfighter.jpg

I swear the intelligence level of people is dropping more and more every day.

It would have been great if one of the customers beat the crap out of him.

He was wearing body armor because he expected someone to shoot at him...

The quoted article is not complete.

If you click the link and read the entire article it goes on to say that the reported body armor was actually a chest protector like you would wear as a catcher playing baseball.

I know of someone that shot a guy because he pulled a toy gun on him. It was dark, he had no idea that it was fake... I think it was a capgun.

These kids are lucky they are still alive. They deserve a severe beating however...

wow... I suddenly have heart burn thinking about what would have happened if a CCW civilian was in that store. I know that I would probably have feared for my life and would most likely have taken action. This could have ended very poorly for many people. I hope they throw the book at this jackass.

wow... I suddenly have heart burn thinking about what would have happened if a CCW civilian was in that store. <snip> I hope they throw the book at this jackass.

That thought occurred to me too...the story could have ended much differently. He was very lucky.

Customers inside at the time of the incident were not aware it was a joke until Castro took off his mask and started talking with the employees, police said.

Scary if someone in that dunks was armed and not in on it. Someone playing "wave the pistol around" could reach room temp pretty quick!

Can't really expect too much intelligence from a jackass with a press-on tattoo on his neck and a MoeHoward hairdo...seriously, what a f@&king toolbag [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom