Tractor Supply Big Safe Sale, Memorial Weekend 2016

DavidC77

NES Life Member
NES Member
Anybody have the Winchester 18? Been looking for a safe that fits a specific built-in space in my house and this one fits perfect. Nervous about short warranty on the lock though.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Anybody have the Winchester 18? Been looking for a safe that fits a specific built-in space in my house and this one fits perfect. Nervous about short warranty on the lock though.

I have the Winchester 26, love the safe, I purchase it when it was on sale and got an extra $50 off for the floor model that had a slight scuff at the bottom.

The original lock failed 8 months in, customer service was great offered to send lock smith within a week or overnight a new lock. They overnighted a new and improved lock.

I was able to swap out with the door locked, it was easy. Remember it's not the lock just the keypad, the number is still in the memory unit inside the door.

I then purchased the 10 year extended lock warranty $75, covers lock smith and lock replacement for 10 years.

IMHO it's the best valued safe on the market, if I had unlimited funds I would purchase a more robust $4k safe.

thanks
harry

Tss has always had the best prices on gun safes. Both of mine were purchased there.

Tss has always had the best prices on gun safes. Both of mine were purchased there.

The only trouble I have with TS is most of the safes they sell are only 1/2 hour fire rated, that's how they can sell them cheaper... The better safes sell for over $1000...

I see now that the Cannon 64 that TS is selling is now 1 Hour rated, when I bought mine they weren't, I got mine through Home Depot...

The TS price for that Cannon 64 is a great price, I love mine...

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/cannon-ts5940-60-safe

Last edited:

I bought the Winchester 18 for my son on Black Friday, $349, not bad for the price, but kinda cheezy. Fairly heavy, but it appears to be just a light gauge sheet steel overlay over sheetrock. I bought a Sentry the same size & weight about 12 years ago, and it's solid steel plate. Paid $300 at Home Depot at the time. The Winchester will probably keep the neighborhood crackhead out, but not someone that knows what they're doing.

I have the Winchester 26, love the safe, I purchase it when it was on sale and got an extra $50 off for the floor model that had a slight scuff at the bottom.

The original lock failed 8 months in, customer service was great offered to send lock smith within a week or overnight a new lock. They overnighted a new and improved lock.

I was able to swap out with the door locked, it was easy. Remember it's not the lock just the keypad, the number is still in the memory unit inside the door.

I then purchased the 10 year extended lock warranty $75, covers lock smith and lock replacement for 10 years.

IMHO it's the best valued safe on the market, if I had unlimited funds I would purchase a more robust $4k safe.

thanks
harry

I have the same safe. Got it for $549.99 how long do you have to purchase the extended warranty??

Thanks for the input guys. Might have to hold out and see if anyone does a sale for father's day.

I have the same safe. Got it for $549.99 how long do you have to purchase the extended warranty??

From what I was told by customer service as long as the keypad is currently working there was no limited. Mine was still under warranty so the fact my keypad was broken was not an issue.

One lock smith call out will cost you more than $70 so to me it was a no brainer. I have read online about poor customer service but my experience was great, professional. Of course it's the look of the draw who you get.

Harry

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, One thing to remember in case you didn't know, there is no sales tax in MA for these gun safes.

From what I was told by customer service as long as the keypad is currently working there was no limited. Mine was still under warranty so the fact my keypad was broken was not an issue.
It's rare for a lock warranty to cover the expense of opening the box, repairing it, and replacing the lock in the event of a failure. Michael Bane (famous gunwriter) had a lock fail on a Canon safe and they sent him a new lock declaring that this met the warranty requirement, and there was no provision in the warranty for lockout service. He eventually got in with a new keypad, but the message from Canon was clear.
Not a bad deal at all if it includes lockout service.

Although I don't trust electronic safe locks, I have a LaGard electronic on one of my safes that has worked perfectly for over 20 years with no maintenance other than annual battery replacement.

Last edited:
I have almost bought the Winchester more than once, but with the electronic lock, I just can't pull the trigger.

I bought the Winchester 2 years ago from TS. No problems with the keypad or lock. I change the battery once a year. Good safe for the money. I have no regrets.

That Cannon 64 is reeeal tempting.

I got two of those for 1000ea.
There rather large.IMO the only way to go unless your looking for a real TL rated safe.
One of them i just busted out the shelves and store "machine parts" in pelican cases inside of it.
There tall enough to accommidate the longest pelican cases and hold like 7 of them depending on the depth of your cases..So convenient for grab and go.

We get the deals black friday, and or new years sale.free shipping.

No stairs, There easy to move, just be careful taking it off the pallet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom