Trade a gun for a rose..............I think I just puked in my mouth.

http://www.boston.com/news/odd/articles/2009/02/14/trade_a_gun_for_a_rose_in_sc_on_valentines_day/

"A handgun was worth a $100 gift card, while a rifle or shotgun netted a $50 gift certificate. Cowan said one man turned in six handguns, worth $600 in gift cards."

"Cowan said gun donors were young and old, men and woman. Many had a big smile and some said it was a relief to get rid of the weapons."

There are just so many items in this article that infuriate me. What do they expect to accomplish with something like this?!?

I'm gonna go bang my head against a wall for a while.

"A handgun was worth a $100 gift card, while a rifle or shotgun netted a $50 gift certificate.

So here's a question. If these people aren't licensed under what law are the police able to do this? I mean they are technically buying the gun and it's my understanding that someone unlicensed can not sell guns even if I'm mistaken an individual still can not sell more than 4 in a year without an FFL.

Guns for roses program? More like roses for guns, I guess. I think they named the program "Guns for Roses" because of the alliteration. You know "Guns 'N Roses"?

If it was guns for roses, I'd be at the florist right now.

The original article I linked on this story made a point that the guns would be run for stolen etc. Meaning no amnesty, whcih means the point is not to "take guns out of the hands of criminals" (As though laws have ever done so) but to disarm law abiding citizens in tough economic times.

Back
Top Bottom