Training Recommendations?

Dear wife mentioned that the other day she was pulling into a remote parking lot at night and noticed a vehicle that pulled in behind her. She locked the doors and waited for them to leave before she got out to do what she was there for.

I mentioned that she is free to take her LTC and my gun with her the next time she has to travel to a place like that (she got her LTC in order to have legal access to the gun safe since we keep more than just guns in it). She expressed that she would not feel confident enough to use it and is not familiar enough with the self defense laws in MA. She was not raised with guns and is only just getting comfortable with them. She DID enjoy punching holes in paper at her LTC course.

I'm looking for recommendations of good courses for novice concealed carry/ self defense/home defense that specifically address the legal side of things along with mechanics. She did her LTC at MFS, so we could sign up for Concealed Carry I. Is @Len-2A Training still doing classes? Thanks for the info, folks!

Sig academy has womens only courses taught by female instructors. Probably the best place to start to make her comfortable, they have courses that start at the basics.
True. But they'll know next to nothing about MA gun laws (which is understandable since they're in NH lol). The OP asked about "legal side of things along with mechanics"

Lakasha Robbins is a great female instructor and is in central MA. I don't know if she'll be a good MA gun law instructor but for mechanics she will be.
[email protected]

Sig academy has womens only courses taught by female instructors. Probably the best place to start to make her comfortable, they have courses that start at the basics.
Thanks! I hadn't thought about out of state options, but training is training. I'll take a look there too. I like the women's only options as she would not respond well to a classmate dude talking down to her.

We live near Worcester, MA. Easiest if we go separately so that one can take care of the kids whilst the other is away getting training.

True. But they'll know next to nothing about MA gun laws (which is understandable since they're in NH lol). The OP asked about "legal side of things along with mechanics"

Lakasha Robbins is a great female instructor and is in central MA. I don't know if she'll be a good MA gun law instructor but for mechanics she will be.
[email protected]

Good point, I was only thinking of the training portion and comfortability. I’ve taken enough training classes to know there’s probably gonna be some NES member in the course that’s gonna creep a lady out hence the womens only courses

As OP mentioned I’d look to @Len-2A Training as my first resource for Mass gun laws.

Dear wife mentioned that the other day she was pulling into a remote parking lot at night and noticed a vehicle that pulled in behind her. She locked the doors and waited for them to leave before she got out to do what she was there for.

I mentioned that she is free to take her LTC and my gun with her the next time she has to travel to a place like that (she got her LTC in order to have legal access to the gun safe since we keep more than just guns in it). She expressed that she would not feel confident enough to use it and is not familiar enough with the self defense laws in MA. She was not raised with guns and is only just getting comfortable with them. She DID enjoy punching holes in paper at her LTC course.

I'm looking for recommendations of good courses for novice concealed carry/ self defense/home defense that specifically address the legal side of things along with mechanics. She did her LTC at MFS, so we could sign up for Concealed Carry I. Is @Len-2A Training still doing classes? Thanks for the info, folks!
I am still teaching the MA Gun Law seminar upon request, which usually means that it is a 1-on-1 class. I'm doing it up at Londonderry Fish and Game (NH).

The OP can contact me with a PM here or the contact page on my website. 2A Training

[email protected]
What type of training do you want? A course on firearm's safety and skill development. or the legal aspects of self defense law? No course unless designed to teach that subject deals with the legal aspects. The location of the course is meaningless.

If you are looking for the legal issues, look into Andy Brancia's online recourses. Andy was from MA in his early years and unlike many is a shooter himself teaching at Sig and the FBI. Learning the legal ramifications of using deadly force is just as important, or more so that the actual use of a firearm.

Sig Academy has just started a series of seminars that are lecture only on many of these topics at a very reasonable cost. There is also plans in the works for a Women's only Concealed Carry Competition in mid August.

What type of training do you want? A course on firearm's safety and skill development. or the legal aspects of self defense law? No course unless designed to teach that subject deals with the legal aspects. The location of the course is meaningless.

If you are looking for the legal issues, look into Andy Brancia's online recourses. Andy was from MA in his early years and unlike many is a shooter himself teaching at Sig and the FBI. Learning the legal ramifications of using deadly force is just as important, or more so that the actual use of a firearm.

Sig Academy has just started a series of seminars that are lecture only on many of these topics at a very reasonable cost. There is also plans in the works for a Women's only Concealed Carry Competition in mid August.

Looks like that may be a decent option for general self defense legalities but for MA specific gun law training (which is what the OP asked), I'd highly recommend @Len-2A Training 's seminar which was already mentioned above. And/or training from GOAL as mentioned previously.

Many thanks to all for the replies! I will chat with Dear Wife and see what she is interested in/ willing to attend.

She knows the basics of safety. I'd like to send her for more skills development training (since she'd be more willing to listen to suggestions from someone other than me) if she's interested in that. She has not shot since her LTC class at MFS, but after the class, her comment to me was, "I can see why you enjoy shooting!"

Many thanks to all for the replies! I will chat with Dear Wife and see what she is interested in/ willing to attend.

She knows the basics of safety. I'd like to send her for more skills development training (since she'd be more willing to listen to suggestions from someone other than me) if she's interested in that. She has not shot since her LTC class at MFS, but after the class, her comment to me was, "I can see why you enjoy shooting!"
If she'd like some practice and casual pointers, she's welcome to join us for pink pistols on Saturday. It's more of a range day with welcoming folks, as opposed to a class, but sometimes both can be handy.

If she'd like some practice and casual pointers, she's welcome to join us for pink pistols on Saturday. It's more of a range day with welcoming folks, as opposed to a class, but sometimes both can be handy.
Thanks! How often does pink pistols meet? We are booked up with kids stuff the next 3 Saturdays, but if I can get it on the calendar, she might be interested in putting some holes in paper.

Thanks! How often does pink pistols meet? We are booked up with kids stuff the next 3 Saturdays, but if I can get it on the calendar, she might be interested in putting some holes in paper.
Second Saturday of every month... I'll carry the rest to PM

Back
Top Bottom