Transfer Elderly Person

Lank

NES Member
Long story short-

Family relative is 93 and very senile.
Has at least one handgun.

Family wants it gone from home but not surrendered to DPRMA.

I am not sure if the owner has an LTC or was issued a "lifetime" permit before laws went fubar in late 1990's.

Could a family member who has power of attorney, but does not have an LTC transfer to me through an FFL?

I do plan on checking to see what he has previously FA10'd to see if it is in the state confiscation files.

Getting it physically out of there pronto is probably the best thing. There is no reason a licensed family member can’t take custody of it and then you can work out the transfer after the immediate problem is solved.

The only “lifetime“ permit was an FID card (long guns) which when away many many years ago.

I don’t see why someone with a power of attorney can’t transfer it at an FFL as appropriate. Not sure on this though. Plenty of FFLs here will comment I'm sure.

Bob

Long story short-

Family relative is 93 and very senile.
Has at least one handgun.

Family wants it gone from home but not surrendered to DPRMA.

I am not sure if the owner has an LTC or was issued a "lifetime" permit before laws went fubar in late 1990's.

Could a family member who has power of attorney, but does not have an LTC transfer to me through an FFL?

I do plan on checking to see what he has previously FA10'd to see if it is in the state confiscation files.
If the family wants it out of the house now.....ther is absolutely no reason you can't just go get it and put it in your safe in your house now. None whatsoever.

You and the family can work out a tralnsfer later on.....if you so choose.

Back
Top Bottom