Traveling through DC

I’m in need of some information here.
I'm traveling to my family's home in North Carolina, and I'm taking my four handguns with me. (Needless to say, unloaded, locked, secured and neatly packed away). Here's the rub... I'm traveling by Amtrak, and I'll have a three-hour layover in DC. I'm trying to stick with the A to B travel rules, without any trouble in between. Don't want a run in with the bomb/ballistics sniffing dogs there...lol. But seriously, does anybody have any info or input to share.
Thanks
nes02126

If you are reunited with your checked bags while in DC you can't comply with the law as interpreted by the courts.

Same train and you don't touch the checked bags? Should be fine. Otherwise, I wouldn't. Union Station is full of cops.

I would seriously never travel through DC with firearms and stop. It's like stopping in Ny or NJ. You're literally taking the rest of you life in your hands by doing it. Drive yourself.

Have you traveled by train for that long before?

It sucks

If I had to do it again I would rather drive the same distance twice.
Another vote for locking them in your trunk and drive
"Next time you stop in DC with guns, Dont!"

You're better off whether you decide to fly or drive. Having taken the train from DC to Boston before, I can tell you that stretch is A) longer on the train than it takes to drive unless you are taking the Acella (do they even still have that?) and B) is more expensive than flying. As far as I can tell, train service only exists to cater to people who are afraid to fly but for some reason don't want to drive.

Back
Top Bottom