Traveling Through Maryland

Hi. Wasn't sure whether this question belonged here or under gun laws. I have searched both forums. I am traveling through Maryland on way to South Carolina tomorrow. I have a valid Mass LTC and a valid Florida out of state permit. I am traveling in a pick up truck. If my 357 revolver is in a lockbox unloaded behind back seat (it is a double cab) and ammo is stored separately should I be OK? I have read the horror story of Florida man being pulled over. I apologize if this question is in wrong forum or if I missed a similar thread in my searches. Thank you. Bob

IANAL, but I believe that as long as you have your firearm locked up in a separate case from you ammo (also locked up) that you are allowed free passage through commie states. Assuming that you legally own said firearm in your originating location (MA) and your destination (SC).

Just don't stop in CT, NY, NJ, MD, etc. Stopping for gas or food is a gray area. Staying overnight is NOT!!

Obey the speed limits and all driving laws and you should be good to go.

What part of SC are you traveling to?

I recommend taking I-84 to I-81. You will be in NY for an hour and a half and MD for all of 20 minutes on this route.

FOPA covers you when transporting unloaded locked up firearms with ammo in separate containers. Like Horrible said I-84-I-81 and obey the traffic laws. Don't be suspicious and you'll be GTG.

Maryland uses license plate readers, I believe, but it only affects you if you're from q group of states that rats you out to that group of states.

More info: http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/maryland.pdf

Personally, I'd I-84 it through NY and get to VA without touching any of the shit states.

Anyone have an idea of which states share to that DB? I know Florida is one. Honestly the people in that consotium should revoke MDs access for abusing the information... but that's wishful thinking...

Back
Top Bottom