Trigger Job/Night Sight reccomendation for M&P 45c

photo.JPGphoto[1].JPGphoto[2].JPG

Picked up this M&P 45c at FS yesterday and they mentioned Business End Customs in Peabody as a gunsmith that will do a trigger job. Has anyone had any experience with these guys?

Also looking to put some night sights on, any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thx in advance

Ameriglo Pro iDot for sights. I love them on my M&P 40. Trigger jobs on these weapons are easy to do yourself. You can do an Apex drop in set up too. They're easy to put in.

Warren Tactical plain rear & tritium front sights. Yes, Lou at BEC does a great job on the trigger. Has done 2 M&Ps and a Glock for me. Highly recommend him.

Picked up this M&P 45c at FS yesterday and they mentioned Business End Customs in Peabody as a gunsmith that will do a trigger job. Has anyone had any experience with these guys?

Also looking to put some night sights on, any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thx in advance

I have heard good things about BEC, I haven't used them though...

As far as night sights I love the XS Big Dot, I have them on a bunch of my guns...

Page 9 Post # 86 =-m-p-shield-9mm-=

As far as the trigger job you can do it with a APEX Kit, I just did mine, with a Ma gun you need to do a trigger job:

=-apex-kits-what-i-have-found.=

Attachments

• S&W Shield 15.jpg
    S&W Shield 15.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 29
  • S&W Shield 14.jpg
    S&W Shield 14.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 32
  • S&W BB 4.jpg
    S&W BB 4.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
thx I'll check out Ameriglo...So you believe that Apex is a better solution than working the OEM trigger?
I wouldn't say better. I'm sure a good gun smith will do a better job. I've only heard good things about the Apex kits though. I'm real happy with how my trigger job came out. I did mine myself. I'm at ~5 lbs right now according to my trigger gauge which is down from ~13-14 lbs originally. Thanks Mahtha C... I'd like to take another 1/2 - 1 lb off. What I was more concerned with was the smoothness and I have it extremely smooth now.

I have an APEX with a RAM installed on my M&P. Since I have 10 thumbs, and I could get the kit and have it working immediately, I had John at Remsport install it. It took less than an hour, and it was function tested right there.

Everyone who's ever shot it comments about how well it shoots and resets, very smooth.

Since my trigger has been pulled about 10 million times, (a LOT of dry fire work), I eventually wore out a trigger return spring and broke it. I contacted APEX and they send me one for free. It still wasn't quite right (the 10 thumb thing), and the customer support helped me figure out my issue.

I really can't complain about APEX kits as I have nothing but good things to say. The gunsmith path may take longer with wait time, and I would make sure that whatever path you take does a reset assist of some sort (audible reset that you can feel), since the standard M&P doesn't do it.

I just figured out that I hadn't taken any photo's of my S&W M&P 45, now I have... [wink]

Attachments

• S&W M&P 45 1.jpg
    S&W M&P 45 1.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 21
  • S&W M&P 45 2.jpg
    S&W M&P 45 2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 20
  • S&W M&P 45 3.jpg
    S&W M&P 45 3.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 19
  • S&W M&P 45 4.jpg
    S&W M&P 45 4.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 20
Here is the iDot on my M&P 40.

20130302_184421.jpg

20130302_184351.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks all, great advice. I was looking at the Trijicon HD's and was going to go with them until I saw the price!
Will go and talk to BEC next week... Will update when this project is completed

Mike Larocca is doing my M&P45c right now. He has done other M&P's for me and does a nice job.

I wasn't too impressed with the one I saw on my friends m&p 45. No machining or polishing of any parts.... just a spring swap. Maybe its the rum and coke talking though.

I have a M&P9c and gave it to BEC for a trigger job. They did a great job; turned it around in a few days, but I think that would depend on the current workload.
I would recommend BEC...

Back
Top Bottom