Trijicon RMR T2 versus Aimpoint Acro P1 versus DeltaPoint Pro

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
I’d like to try it. I wonder whether the tube format f the Acro will make finding the dot easier. I think it is also solves the issues that open emitter designs like the RMR have.

I’d like to try it. I wonder whether the tube format f the Acro will make finding the dot easier. I think it is also solves the issues that open emitter designs like the RMR have.
The video he posted that includes the Acro states that the tube being a tube instead of a screen draws the eye immediately onto the dot as well as the mounting system they use actually basically allows for standard height sights to behave like a lower third cowitness. Definitely something I want to see more of. I have both an RMR Type 2 & DPP. I have things I like about both of them more. Though lately I definitely have been wanting to try one of the shield mini dots.

If money is no object, the Trijicon RMR is the way to go.
Its the only one thats bomb proof.
The sight $455 plus the slide milling $100 plus the suppressor sights $75 ($630 Total) plus the effort and time to make it all happen.
I went the lazy route and got a Sig P320 RX with a romeo 1 and the suppressor height sights already installed and a factory warranty for $725.
It was almost like getting the gun for free.
I had to send the romeo 1 back once because a button fell off, otherwise its been through a thousand rounds trouble free.

If money is no object, I would take the SRO over the RMR2 simply because of the battery placement. I looked hard at them and ended up with the SRO because in addition to the battery being on top and easily accessible, the viewing window was better for me. I do have a DPP that the SRO replaced that I liked, but I couldn't get used to the 7.5MOA triangle (and it's for sale in the Accessories forum). I do want to try the Aimpoint, but if the battery life really is that short, then I imagine not many people would be interested in using for a pistol that sees any appreciable usage.

Aaron Cowan (Sage Dynamics) has a ton of videos on red dots. I passed on DPP and got RMR T2 when I saw how well the owl-ear shape protects the glass when dropped.
Just released his final review of the RMR T2. TLDW: 20k rounds, 40 shoulder-height concrete drops, numerous failure cycles by slamming the optic into a belt/wood/concrete/metal, two battery changes, never lost zero.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yzpJBrLU5U

I have the RMR, SRO and ACRO. While I have been running the RMR for a few years, I recently decided to buy a ACRO. My two cents...I really like the ACRO. The tube design does make picking up the dot seem much easier at least for me. The glass is crystal clear and does not have the blueish reflective tint to it. Battery life for me so far has been decent. On setting 6/7 mine has been on for about a month with no issues while I test it out. I bought 10 Renata batteries on amazon for about 10 bucks.

I also really do like the SRO, that window seems so big, the dot never leaves the glass and the top loading battery is a plus. All three optics are great in my opinion. I think the ACRO will be on par with the RMR for durability but some people will have a problem with the battery. the CR1225 is a small battery. At a minimum I would have liked to have seen the ACRO run at least a CR1632.

That being said. I normally don't leave the dot on when I am not using the pistol. This should make my battery consumption a little better. For now I am seeing how long one battery will last with the optic constantly on.

Update...My ACRO had some glue splatter on the inside glass. Aimpoint sent me a brand new one very quickly. Battery life is still decent, at about 6 weeks on the new unit and its still on (setting 7). Would have liked a P2 ACRO for battery compatibility with most of my other optics but oh well. I did finally break down and buy a 509T and honestly am quite impressed. I do honestly like both and I do prefer the closed emitter.

Back
Top Bottom