• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trijicon SRO

Uses RMR plates correct?

Maybe. Same mounting plate but it’s overall a longer optic so may or may not work depending on firearm, or so I’ve heard. Sounds like it’s it does work just fine more often than not.

Between the SRO and Sig Romeo Max and XL, there are some nice looking large window competition RDS’s out there.

Maybe. Same mounting plate but it’s overall a longer optic so may or may not work depending on firearm, or so I’ve heard. Sounds like it’s it does work just fine more often than not.

Between the SRO and Sig Romeo Max and XL, there are some nice looking large window competition RDS’s out there.
Roger that. Going to give the SRO a go. I’ve waited and procrastinated enough.

Still loving mine! Been through a handful of matches and practice sessions with it and still going strong. Probably somewhere between 2 and 3000 rounds on it.

And yes, the mounting holes are RMR pattern. I was concerned that the overhang on the ejection port on the X5 would cause issues but so far absolutely no failures of the gun or sight.

I have about 200 rounds under my SRO and really like it. I purchased the DPP first, which I liked, but the SRO’s viewing window is amazing. Well worth the price.

Yes it uses fhe rmr plate. I was able to find a local shop that had the 2.5 in stock for 549. 100rds so far and i like it, but i need to find a cover for it if. Ive never dealt with them , but duckduckgo spit out "range panda " as having some covers in stock.

If anyone wants to check it out before buying one, feel free to send a pm.

That looks great. I’m between an RMR, SRO, and DPP right now and have pushed myself into the “analysis paralysis” stage.

I’d be interested in seeing how easy it is to zero.
What do you want it for? Concealed carry or competition? For concealed carry, I would go RMR. For competition, either DPP or SRO.

Last edited:
What do you want it for? Concealed carry or competition? For concealed carry, I would go RMR. For competition, either DPP or SRO.

I ended up with both the SRO and DPP as I’ve been trying to get more involved with IDPA/USPSA. I’m still learning more about each discipline, so I’m not sure which way I’ll go. All I know is that many of the events seem to be around the skeet and clays events I normally participate in.

The DPP is up for sale because I prefer the SRO.

The SRO cover I ordered from Range Panda arrived today. Fitment is good and it's held in place by a press fit and I dont see it coming off while in a pistol rug/bag, but the addition of a small internal tab on both sides of the cover would give it a positive "lock" when it's slid over the optic. When the light hits the cover just right, it reminds me of the ribbon candy my grandfather would have on the coffee table every Christmas.

Attachments

• 20191105_182647.jpg
    20191105_182647.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom