Trim-It II

I know this thing has been discussed and spoken very highly of here in the last few months or so. I really needed a better trimmer than the Lee case gauge take-the-fun-out-of-it tool. I've been dragging my feet because of the big cost once the caliber dies are added in. Right now they have a Father's Day Sale going on - two free caliber dies with the trimmer. Comes out to $139.50 for trimmer, two dies, and shipping. Still about $30 or so more than the Giraud Tri-Way, but I took a leap of faith based on the reviews here. I have one and a half metric shit-tons of once fired LC 5.56 NATO brass, and that stuff always seems to need 1/8 inch taken off before the first reload.

http://www.eztrimit.com

Last edited:
I couldn't get mine to chamfer evenly, no big deal on plinking stuff but obnoxious as hell on rifle loads you put time into. I bought the "trim it I" trim only stem and use that. Still chamfer and deburr separately.

So I've been using a corded drill with U-bolts securing it and I'm wondering if there is a better option out there, specifically a dedicated motor which spins at around 700 RPM's?

try the QCB case trimmer from CTS engineering. it's cheaper than the trim it and it's comparable in quality and ease of use/caliber interchangeability.

also, it's a guy and his son...look them up. they also offer case gauges and some other stuff.

guy was super cool to deal with. if you have some crazy ass caliber you're trying to trim, just send them a resized case and they'll custom make you a case trimmer!

try the QCB case trimmer from CTS engineering. it's cheaper than the trim it and it's comparable in quality and ease of use/caliber interchangeability.

also, it's a guy and his son...look them up. they also offer case gauges and some other stuff.

guy was super cool to deal with. if you have some crazy ass caliber you're trying to trim, just send them a resized case and they'll custom make you a case trimmer!

I already have the trim-it 2 and it works well, just looking for a new power source that I can use while watching TV or something and is quiet.

Since this came up today, wonder if anyone has found a solution to this:

Making .300BLK from once-fired LC (and about ready to give up since I have a cheap source for both brand new .300BLK brass and already fully processed from once fired LC) - the cutter catches and mangles the shit out of the case mouth. I'm using a tubing cutter (already had it, don't want to buy a mini chop saw, don't make brass often enough), but it seems to get past the 'rough edge' and down to a clean edge before this happens. Anyone encounter this or find a solution? I'm using an 18V cordless drill on high speed. No idea of actual RPM.

An old corded variable speed drill and left over knife block works for Me.

IMG_0771_zpsnyilpxav.jpg

Back
Top Bottom