• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

True Crime: R. L. Wilson and the "Trade of the Century"

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
The only reason I know anything at all about R. L. Wilson is that I use his book, "Colt's Dates of Manufacture: 1837-1978" to help identify older Colt handguns. My son watches a lot of Ian McCollum's videos on forgotten weapons and other topics; we both find him interesting and informative. I had often heard bout Wilson's "problems" but never knew the full story. Maybe people down in CT are more knowledgeable about this since it happened in their backyard.

Almost 30 minutes but it's a very intricate story.

That's why even if I had the money, I wouldn't collect old Colts or Winchesters, or WWII-era USGI or German guns.

I might buy some, but I would never go into the rare collectibles sphere. Forgery and fraud have been rampant for decades.

That's why even if I had the money, I wouldn't collect old Colts or Winchesters, or WWII-era USGI or German guns.

I might buy some, but I would never go into the rare collectibles sphere. Forgery and fraud have been rampant for decades.

Someone once put it thusly:

"Buy the gun, not the story."

Back
Top Bottom