• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

True Pre-Ban Lowers & Rifles (Colt Specific) + Bonus Questions!

Accuwedges like shockbuffs for rifles. I'm not a big fan of putting extra stuff in rifles that dont do anything. Colt used to include them in their match rifles, they are now all in landfills.
I don't use them in a normal build, but when using the (non-Colt) large to small pivot pin adapters they help tighten up the fit since it is difficult to get the adapter rotated into exactly the correct position to obtain a good tight fit.

Thanks for the help everyone, much appreciated. Looking at possibly picking up a complete 20” rifle. Any ideas how much I could potentially sell the upper for later on if I upgrade? Looking at Gbroker, people are asking close to $2000 for used parts kits (upper, stock, internals, etc.). Seems a bit much but maybe I’m wrong.

Thanks for the help everyone, much appreciated. Looking at possibly picking up a complete 20” rifle. Any ideas how much I could potentially sell the upper for later on if I upgrade? Looking at Gbroker, people are asking close to $2000 for used parts kits (upper, stock, internals, etc.). Seems a bit much but maybe I’m wrong.
Asking $2000.

Getting much, much less.

Roflcopter....

You'd pretty much have to give that old upper away, you'd be lucky to get 3 or 400 for it. Maybe more if it's an SP1/A1 upper.

You're also comparing apples to pears. Parts kits are typically everything BUT the receiver and they appeal to guys who want to do clone builds, etc. Example, I built an M14 clone using a USGI parts kit.

Roflcopter....

You'd pretty much have to give that old upper away, you'd be lucky to get 3 or 400 for it. Maybe more if it's an SP1/A1 upper.

You're also comparing apples to pears. Parts kits are typically everything BUT the receiver and they appeal to guys who want to do clone builds, etc. Example, I built an M14 clone using a USGI parts kit.
If I do upgrade to a modern style, I will end up upgrading stock, internals and everything. So I will basically have a complete parts kit. That’s why I was curious about both scenarios, upper alone and a complete parts kit.

If I do upgrade to a modern style, I will end up upgrading stock, internals and everything. So I will basically have a complete parts kit. That’s why I was curious about both scenarios, upper alone and a complete parts kit.
Good luck with that... Seems like a lot of money, risk and work to build a range blaster. In the 3 weeks this thread has been open, you could have bought/built a rifle for under $1k and been to the range a few times.

Good luck with that... Seems like a lot of money, risk and work to build a range blaster. In the 3 weeks this thread has been open, you could have bought/built a rifle for under $1k and been to the range a few times.
Lol true but I’m not in a rush. There are folks here who know this stuff and I’m trying to learn before doing anything.

Curious what risk you are referring to though. Buying/building a “compliant” rifle vs building one off a pre-ban lower? Or do you mean going with a non-AR platform? I was under the impression that going pre-ban was the least risky route.

Back
Top Bottom